25 Years of AAFO.COM - WHAT A RIDE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 Years of AAFO.COM - WHAT A RIDE!

I just posted in another thread that I'd been at this for nearly a quarter century.. my quick math brain told me that 2022 would be 25 years from 1997, I had to pull out the calculator to be sure but, danged if next year is not the TWENTY FIFTH YEAR that I've paid for the domain AAFO.COM...

I want to dig back into the archives, if I can find them for the stuff that I put out in 1997 from the site. I think it was all schedules, results and maybe a few pictures. They had a phone line in the media shack (the little building right to the left side of the pit gate, sport class HQ now I think) I'd bring my modem and man, I can't remember if I even had a laptop that year! I might have set up a desktop each evening...

My memory is faded, I know I slept out there...

Anyway... I am going to try to add a bunch of old stuff to this thread but... As Neal said earlier in another thread.. real life presses in!

I have to get ready for a drive to Las Vegas to help BeerNazi with a property she owns there. I have to shoehorn that into Dr. visits and scheduled old guy tests.. not to mention a several year overdue dual knee replacement.... torn rotator cuff... yadda yadda

If anyone has a photo of my sorry arse in that media shack on the puter from back then, I'd love ya forever if you could share it!

I can not remember what year Neal, Birgitta and I connected and began sharing sponsored (sort of) motorhome accommodations...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: 25 Years of AAFO.COM - WHAT A RIDE!

I'm looking forward to this!

Comment

Re: 25 Years of AAFO.COM - WHAT A RIDE!

This is just an easily found link on the site... sort of shows the "energy" I had at the time LOL

Reno Air Races Digital aviation photography jet aviation, new jet pilots to race at Reno National Championship Air Races

What I really want to find is the stuff from the media shack!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X