Any one know this f86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's another...

A friend sent me this after the Nellis show a couple years back...
    Great shot.
    Attached Files

Comment

More info about Captain Dale "Snort" Snodgrass, U.S. Navy (Ret.)

Dale wrote a forward to an article about the F-14. You can find that here.
      http://www.anft.net/f-14/fw-02.htm

The forward also credits him with piloting an F-14 during a very low pass on the U.S.S. America. I had seen this photo on other boards trying to discredit it as a fraud. The authenticity of the pic can nolonger be debated.

Brewski
      Brewski

Comment

Re: Any one know this f86

Hello Race 29.
        My Grandmother lives in the trailer court where the saber jet used to be. She said it was sold to a museum in Florida, I will ask her the info on it if you like. I remember it well. But some local hoodlum kids started climbing into it to make out and do drugs, and then set a mattress on fire which they stashed in it. So the association decided to get rid of it before they got sued. Too bad, the thing was beautiful. Grandma said they sold it for a dollar. If you are interested, She has some photos of it still. Will send you copies this Christmas.
        PS, all the streets in that trailer court are named after famous pilots, my grandma lives on Hap Arnold Loop, just off Doolittle drive.
        Ciao, Russell Boston
        Laguna Beach, CA

Originally posted by Race 29
        Lenoch, is that you? Great to hear from you again if it is!

I don't know if anyone has any info on this F-86, but there was an F-86 that was on a pylon at a trailor park near Sacramento called "Saber City". It was taken down (and brought to Reno, I think) in the early 80's to be restored to flying condition. Unfortunatly I don't have any pictures or numbers. It was pretty well known about, since it was an F-86 that crashed into the Farrells Ice Cream across from Sacramento Executive. I can remember news reporters standing under the Saber on the pylon during news stories whenever they talked about the F-86 crash. Does anyone know of what happened to this bird?

Race 29

Comment

Working...
        X