Netflix, Bad Sport episode 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix, Bad Sport episode 2

"The need for weed" the story of Randy Lanier. My wife was watching this show the other night, as we are sitting there I'm thinking to myself, I wonder if this guy knew Bill Whittington... Almost the next scene they are partners in racing cars and Bill is hauling Randy out of a race car during an endurance race. Quite an interesting story and life led by Mr Lanier. The Whttington's are in the show purely as "race" partners.

Re: Netflix, Bad Sport episode 2

Randy Lanier and Bill Whittington were teamed up in IMSA with the Blue Thunder Racing team, the one where Lanier won the championship in 1984. I don't think their smuggling businesses overlapped, or if they did, not by very much. The show doesn't mention the Whittingtons very much.

I always love the story about the Whittington brothers when they won the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

For American brothers Don and Bill Whittington, the ’70s and ’80s were whirlwind of drugs, duffel bags full of cash, fast cars, glorious moustaches, and a bunch of other illegal stuff View fullsize The 1979 24 Hours of Le Mans marked two key events in history — Kremer Racing became the biggest name […]

John Ficarra has researched a lot of cars but getting the whole story on one Kremer K3 led him down a very interesting rabbit hole of understanding the back ...
    Last edited by skater; 10-15-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X