Hey Wayne... New Member Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Wayne... New Member Question?

A friend of Air Racing has been trying for a while to join the forum. Tim is the one who wrote the Dwight Thorn article Will linked to recently. He says he can't make the registration work, and the software won't let him successfully pick a password either.

What can be done with your recalcitrant software?

Neal

Re: Hey Wayne...

Originally posted by wingman View Post
    A friend of Air Racing has been trying for a while to join the forum. Tim is the one who wrote the Dwight Thorn article Will linked to recently. He says he can't make the registration work, and the software won't let him successfully pick a password either.

What can be done with your recalcitrant software?

Neal
    I'm not sure what to heck is going on. Some have not been able to get the donate button to work but that's an add on and has nothing to do with the board software... I can manually add him if you get me his email... I'm going to log out and try to join with an alternate email address and see if it lets me..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

OK, I think it works now.. completely unsure of EXACTLY what was wrong but it threw me several different errors so I changed the verification method and now it works. It is a FUSSY BEEOTCH however and you have to remember to do everything it asks you to do and if it errors, make sure that you put ALL the information back into the form.

At one point back in the past, we had so many Russians trying to hack the server from the server level as well as trying to join the forum. It got so bad at one point, I had to close new memberships.. it might have been porked from that point on..

Unsure... have him try again, or, shoot me email addy, desired user name and I can set up new user with temporary password. I also need a real name (which can be fake if so desired) it does not show publicly, however, so if you want me to know who you really are.. you put in real name... if you don't, you put in fake name... Not a big issue now but, again, at times and never know when they'll be at it again.
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Neal, I had some issues when I first fixed the membership form, I had about 200 autobot applications in 24 hours. They were able to foil the image recognition thing... I put in specific question/answers that only a race fan would know, it seems to work well now, no bot applications since changing it but I never did see the application come through. Again, I can set it up manually, just need email address really.. desired username is always nice but can be changed later...

Trying to spend as much time watching over things as I can, also keeping up my touch typing by watching NASCAR and NFL (Seahawks) and typing answers here while not looking at the keyboard...

I'm still mystified how once learned, touch typing is amazing.. I can not find the keys to save my arse with my eyes, plant my two index fingers on the home keys and I'm there!

If smart phones just had home keys LOL! I have to talk to text everything!

Especially confusing when they make visual keyboards in alphabetic order! I can just about teach myself to let my fingers guide my eyes with standard qwerty board layout but not sequential... forms and such seem to switch back and forth at will. I do not know how people can type with their thumbs on a phone!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X