Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula 1 action. Matt Moore in the Silver Final.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 1 action. Matt Moore in the Silver Final.

In cockpit camera.

This is "2021 Silver Final.mp4" by Matt Moore on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Will

Re: Formula 1 action. Matt Moore in the Silver Final.

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    In cockpit camera.

This is "2021 Silver Final.mp4" by Matt Moore on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Will
    Dog gone it Will, the first vid you shared frm vimeo, basically installed a daily email bomb promoting their product..

Bummer that they're trying to make money with what YouTube is providing a pretty good service free
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well crap. That sucks. Mental note to self, don't link to VIMEO.

Sorry about that.

Will

Comment

Great Video. It shows what the F 1 pilots do in rounding the pylons.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Really nice video -- thanks for posting! The problem with Vimeo is that the quality is so much better than the other channel. Hasn't Jason S been linking to Vimeo for years now?

A question for the Press guys: What was the Press turnout like this year? The reason I ask is that there hardly seems to be much of any visible photographer presence in these videos. In the live feed there never seemed to be many of those horrid vests on the ramp. A few years ago there would have been 30 or 40 press people on inner 5 for a Silver race -- I don't see anything like that in this video.

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
            Really nice video -- thanks for posting! The problem with Vimeo is that the quality is so much better than the other channel. Hasn't Jason S been linking to Vimeo for years now?

A question for the Press guys: What was the Press turnout like this year? The reason I ask is that there hardly seems to be much of any visible photographer presence in these videos. In the live feed there never seemed to be many of those horrid vests on the ramp. A few years ago there would have been 30 or 40 press people on inner 5 for a Silver race -- I don't see anything like that in this video.

Neal
            We apparently had more people than in previous years. The pylon busses were sometimes full, sometimes not, but they were also smaller. We seemed to spread out more as well. As for people on the ramp, you need to check out vests for 2 hr blocks now. For the biplane start on Saturday I was the only person who signed up, but the Haskins came out since there was plenty of space for other people. Things were different for sure, there were lots of people at the morning briefings, but where they went after that, I don't know.

Will

Comment

It' just interesting how few of you are visible. A few years ago you'd always find me and Victor standing at the base of the pylon with the judges, LOL.

Neal

Comment

The e-mail list that was sent out of media photographers is 8 pages long. I can't stand very long so I hung out in the bleachers after F1/Biplanes Mon/Tuesday and all day the rest of the week.

Maybe next year.......But then I will miss pictures like this. Yes, I know it doesn't have much prop blur.

This one has none

May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

There were changes to the number of people permitted at a particular pylon and the number of pylons that would permit photographers. This is driven by the FAA, not RARA.

My understanding is the allocations this year were more robust than in years past. Meaning, greater number of shutter bugs at some pylons and more pylons accessible.

Was that the case?

Has anyone offered feedback to RARA Media Ops and/or The Foundry?

I'd encourage any and all photographers on here who shoot at Reno to contact them with positive and constructive feedback.

Don't make it a bitch session. If things can be improved, offer alternatives.

Can't guarantee things will change even more but your voice will be heard.
                  Owen Ashurst
                  Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                  http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Good advice, Owen. In the past a lot of this was sort of anchored in cement. We had a usually workable set of places we could work, and there was little interest in changing things. By the time I left some changes were coming in such as T-6 pylon 5 (I think, but on the back of the course). In a time of flux such as it seems you have now pylon press folks do need to be letting RARA know things that might work better.

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by kennsmithf2g View Post
                      The e-mail list that was sent out of media photographers is 8 pages long. I can't stand very long so I hung out in the bleachers after F1/Biplanes Mon/Tuesday and all day the rest of the week.

Maybe next year.......But then I will miss pictures like this. Yes, I know it doesn't have much prop blur.

This one has none

That is a great shot! Doyou have one like this for each airplane or was this just something you had that fit the topic?

I'd been wondering why we were not seeing Pylon shots from you -- not enough here so far of IF1 and Bipes. Given the quality of what you've put up so far I thought I was in for a treat. Now I'm just disappointed!

Neal

Comment

Was not there, but from what I've seen Shawn post "over there" as well as a few others I'd like to see back here. I think 5 was accessible.. not sure what else..

As far as access, probably not a good year to miss! Hopefully next year is as open or even more..
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          Was not there, but from what I've seen Shawn post "over there" as well as a few others I'd like to see back here. I think 5 was accessible.. not sure what else..

As far as access, probably not a good year to miss! Hopefully next year is as open or even more..
                          The drawing pylons were 4, 5 and 6. I heard most people didn't like 6 for some reason. I didn't get drawn for any of the special pylons this year. I found all the little tags still in the envelope, I asked and they said they only took the green ones. So I gave them the green one, which was the correct color for that day. Just as well, I would have likely wasted the opportunity with my lack of skill with the camera this year.

Will

Comment

Wayne, you mean that T-6 pylon? The shooting there was limited in angles and such, but really did yield some dramatic shots.

Neal
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by wingman; 10-06-2021, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                              That is a great shot! Doyou have one like this for each airplane or was this just something you had that fit the topic?

I'd been wondering why we were not seeing Pylon shots from you -- not enough here so far of IF1 and Bipes. Given the quality of what you've put up so far I thought I was in for a treat. Now I'm just disappointed!

Neal
                              I should have simular shots of most of the racers that flew low enough or as they take off or landed passing the Home pylon. Just started to go thru my pictures between taking pictures at the sporting events at the high school that my son attended, Fall sports almost over so hoping to get working on more racing pictures soon. I like to try to capture something in the background to show where the pictures are taken.

From Biplane Heat 3A
                              May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Working...
                              X