X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldfinger

Look's like Mike is moving on, Goldfinger is for sale:

Re: Goldfinger

I'm not surprised -- Mike is one fickle dude. That's a lot of money for a non-TF P-51. Ted Contri's immaculate and well maintained airplanes were listed at around 1.75 Million and took a while to sell. Is a beautifully restored "sportster" (rather than authentic warbird style) Mustang sellable at a million more? I guess we'll see.

Neal

Comment

I'd say the fact that its not a TF makes it worth more. TFs are bloody ugly and there are too many of them.

Someone needs to come up with a "Just say not to TF conversion" sticker. hahaha

Will

Comment

Will - I totally agree. The problem is that the market values any TF at 50% more than any normal P-51 It seemed like a truly crazy asking price for Lady Jo and it sold in a week or so.

Ugly though they are, the world wants TF-51Ds.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by wingman; 10-04-2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          Will - I totally agree. The problem is that the market values any TF at 50% more than any normal P-51 It seemed like a truly crazy asking price for Lady Jo and it sold in a week or so.

Uglu though they are, the world wants TF-51Ds.
          Diamondback is the ugliest of the TFs simply because of what it was before being diamondback.

No one will be doing any instruction in a TF, until the FAA rules are changed. I don't see that happening any time soon. The exception there might be Stallion 51. They have their converted racer TFs already.

Will

Comment

But unfortunately Diamondback makes my point...

Neal

Comment

He?s selling it for the same reason he couldn?t fly it at Reno, same reason many older pilots have to stop. . Not being fickle.

Comment

In that case I'm truly sorry for my comment (though you have to admit he can be impulsive). Mike loves to fly, and fly fast, and he worked through some significant physical issues to accomplish what he did in Air Racing. He accomplished a lot.
                To have to give something like that up must be pretty tough.
                We wish Mike and Sue the best...

Neal

Comment

Well, Mr. Brown purchased the aircraft known as Risky Business finished with a fantastic overhaul/restoration and has her back in the air. For that I am grateful.

Great line from a movie. "Every race horse is for sale".

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                    Well, Mr. Brown purchased the aircraft known as Risky Business finished with a fantastic overhaul/restoration and has her back in the air. For that I am grateful.

Great line from a movie. "Every race horse is for sale".
                    I wonder how much the overhaul at AS cost? IIRC, after Matt cleaned up Risky to have her sold it was listed for pretty cheap for a Mustang, (less than $1.5mil I want to say). If MB gets what he’s asking that’s not a bad gig to have had your Mustang made exactly how you want it and get to enjoy it for a few of your last flying years, AND still profit.
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                    X