60 Minutes Sunday 10/3/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Minutes Sunday 10/3/2021

There was a kind of exposed view of "Facebook " by a women who did a lot of research of misinformation put out by "Facebook" during the Trump/Biden election plus other things. It surprised me being on 60 Minutes. This is non-political info just the facts.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: 60 Minutes Sunday 10/3/2021

60 Minutes story about facebook on sun night.

Facebook goes offline early mon. morning.

hmmmm.....
    Attached Files
    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Face book is terrified of any discussion of the way it pushes and ampliflies ugliness. We've seen some of that here. Two irresponsible Facebook posts have been posted here on AAFO and all sorts of crap started flowing.

Ugly and destructive and divisive all make Billions of dollars for these people -- why should they change just because they're ripping America's heart out?

Neal

Comment

I just deleted a bunch of responses that I let my emotions get out of control..

Wingman, I hope by using the term Irresponsible that you're not referring to me directly?
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'd also like to explain my reasoning for my FB visits... FB sucked the life out of this forum, most of the members that were here (well over 1000 at one time) I'd like to "lure" some of them back. I have been *somewhat* successful.

The information I brought from FB actually came from some sources, had they posted here, would be considered respected members..

I'm under no na?ve notions about FB.. I'd just like to steal back some of our membersd!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm quite agnostic about whether it was irresponsible to post them here, and I see no point at all in making this about Wayne. If either had been posted here by ANYONE without attribution, context, or some serious sources I'd hope AAFOers would have been all over them like white on rice. These posts were both seriously inflammatory sh#t, and neither post actually told the reader anything at all. I personally automatically trust noone, other than my wife and immediate blood family. I want context, information, and why someone is saying something. Everybody, including my friends, has an agenda of some sort. Nobody writes everything they know or think they know -- posting on any platform is selective. Motivation of the poster is crucial to understanding and acting on a post. This is one big reason why Faceplant is so awful. Any Dickhead can post any kind of crap and all the world's fanboys will get all wild and people get hurt while the Dickhead sits back, smiles and plans another inflammatory post to stir up some more sh#t. Meanwhile the fanboys are running amok tearing all sorts of things apart. How can anyone believe ANYTHING they see on Faceplant? The nature of that platform makes ANYTHING POSTED automatically questionable. If you see something controversial posted there it should seriously activate your "Spidey Sense" at least. Find out what's going on here rather than reflexively just moving the bullsh*t on down the line.

Wayne -- please don't make this about you. The issues about Facebook and communication in the 21st century raised by these idiotic Facebook posts and people's reactions to them are far more interesting.

Neal
            Last edited by wingman; 10-04-2021, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post

Wayne -- please don't make this about you. The issues about Facebook and communication in the 21st century raised by these idiotic Facebook posts and people's reactions to them are far more interesting.

Neal
              Don't make it about me Neal... I truly believe that's been the problem here..
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

Wingman, I hope by using the term Irresponsible that you're not referring to me directly?
                Not directly, no. But it's interesting to see how even AAFOers reacted to them with all kinds of wild speculation and potentially dangerous comments about what might have happened and what was terrible about the Sanders family and then about the Unlimited class or RARA or whoever sent (or likely never sent) some communication to Dr. Hisey before Reno. The first was anonymous and the second presented here for comment without any visible research into a possibly quite iffy poster. Did anyone on Faceplant ever ask Eric what he was talking about? Did Eric ever say why he'd post something like this? Having a well known last name absolutely does not mean anything without knowing why the poster posted something or what their agenda is.

I think throwing inflammatory BS out there to see what sticks is irresponsible. That's what Faceplant is. I don't think AAFO is like that. I have absolutely no problem with your motivations, Wayne -- you want the best for Air Racing and for AAFO. I just don't think you handled your inquiries into the posts at all gracefully. Those FB posts were not and are not news. They were inflammatory Facebook posts, and thus automatically beneath notice unless there's some reason to inquire further.

Neal

Comment

Neal, I really dislike that you pass opinions on how I go about gathering my information, my lack of further research... Do you have access to my private email account? Do you know who I spoke with and what they said to me in private?

Truly get that you don't like me any longer, perhaps, never did.. .that said.

Let's let this drop.. .OK?

You continue to insist it's not about me while making it about me. WTF?

You, Neal, are a historian and expert photographer. You have never been a reporter to my knowledge. I don't see you ever putting any effort into getting current news or, what goes into gathering such.

Yet you continue to criticize my methods...

Enough, OK? I mean it!

PS by edit: I HAVE tried to continue this discussion with Wingman via PM and keep our disagreements out of public eye..
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Laying the problems of our broken society at the feet of facebook is the funniest thing I have read all day.

The problem isnt facebook, its the facebook users, all 302 million of them. All facebook has done is allowed the two polarized sides of this country to see each other clearly. Making money off of the disagreements of society has been around for 1,000 years.

Comment

Neal, You aren't helping anything here. Wayne, I hear where you are coming from. Still, just chill out.

If you two continue to push each others buttons, I'll delete the whole thread. (Don't make me use my moderator powers.)

On a lighter note, it appears FB has crashed. I wonder if someone did a massive hack and wiped the thing out?

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                        On a lighter note, it appears FB has crashed. I wonder if someone did a massive hack and wiped the thing out?

Will
                        Maybe Wayne has skills nobody knows about muuuaaahhhhaaahhhaaaa!!!!!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thank you Will -- your post made me laugh. I really would rather talk about Air Racing and not about Facebook. I find the latter very difficult to discuss rationally.

Neal

Comment

I don't like having to be the adult here. I don't want to adult today. Still, this thread has nothing to do with air racing.

Wayne, assuming you got my message on FB this morning, I did send that just before everything crashed. The timing is suspect hahaahahah

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                              I don't like having to be the adult here. I don't want to adult today. Still, this thread has nothing to do with air racing.

Wayne, assuming you got my message on FB this morning, I did send that just before everything crashed. The timing is suspect hahaahahah

Will
                              Did not see the photo, FB's back but still have not seen it, might have gotten lost?
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X