Miss America: Brent "Doc" Hisey Interview 10-3-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss America: Brent "Doc" Hisey Interview 10-3-2021

This is totally raw format, you'll have to "save as" or figure out how to open it.. It will run in windows media player..

http://aafo.com/racing/hisey_intervi...erview_10-3-21 it's an .m4a file extension.. I have to figure out how to save as a more recognizable format but...

Here it is, you can open it, just open with windows media player
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Miss America: Brent "Doc" Hisey Interview 10-3-2021

Great interview! Answered a lot of questions and dispelled the fakebook rumors. Hope to see Miss A back next year for the win!

Comment

Managed to convert to more recognizable format. MP3

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

AWSM...will enjoy in the morning.
        Thank you so much Wayne & Doc!
        Best wishes! m

Comment

good talk Shawn

Comment

I enjoyed that. Great to put the rumours behind us and bring on 2022!
            Zac in NZ

Comment

Great stuff. Thank you Wayne and Doc!
              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
              Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Thank you Wayne and Dr. Hisey

Excellent interview. Settled my mind a bit. The Doc is a gracious man. Sounds like he appreciated being able to go home on the same engine he came with.

Neal

Comment

Great interview! Thank you Wayne and "Doc' Hisey.

Comment

That was excellent, thank you Wayne and Doc!

Comment

Agreed - excellent. Thank you Wayne and Doc! Go Red White & Blue Go!!!

Comment

He mentioned not having any RPM or power in reserve. I'd be curious to know if that means he was up against the numbers Shanholtzer gave him, or it he meant he had both levers fully in and it couldn't run any harder even if he wanted to.

Comment

It's easy to forget that 420-430 mph is seriously fast for a superstock Mustang under Reno conditions and the obvious limitations of going around in a circle. Greenamyer's Bearcat never really demonstrated the speeds we saw this year. Nor did the Red Baron except one qualifying run. Dan Martin blew up several engines in his earlier days trying to be reliable over 400 mph or so. Rheinschild spent a lot of money and burned up a bunch of motors over many years and got a couple of 430 something qual runs, but seldom actually raced that fast. If 430 mph was easy we would not have seen a decade when half the Gold and most if the Silver were 3350 Sea Furies. Where were the Mustangs?

I think the Doc and Ricky have done some remarkable things here -- I hope it continues.

Neal

Comment

Amazing stuff Wayne and Doc, thank you both tremendously!

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                            It's easy to forget that 420-430 mph is seriously fast for a superstock Mustang under Reno conditions and the obvious limitations of going around in a circle. Greenamyer's Bearcat never really demonstrated the speeds we saw this year. Nor did the Red Baron except one qualifying run. Dan Martin blew up several engines in his earlier days trying to be reliable over 400 mph or so. Rheinschild spent a lot of money and burned up a bunch of motors over many years and got a couple of 430 something qual runs, but seldom actually raced that fast. If 430 mph was easy we would not have seen a decade when half the Gold and most if the Silver were 3350 Sea Furies. Where were the Mustangs?

I think the Doc and Ricky have done some remarkable things here -- I hope it continues.

Neal
                            This is very important, and the fact that the two fastest Super Stangs ran 480 in the 2017 Gold - that's only 50mph over Miss A with full race tubes, turtledecks and crazy slick airframes. I think the outlier here is RRIII which really proves what a hot tube can do in a "daily driver". Nonetheless, Miss A, Doc, and Rick are putting up some seriously impressive numbers with their combo! Hope it continues as well
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                              Amazing stuff Wayne and Doc, thank you both tremendously!

I think the outlier here is RRIII which really proves what a hot tube can do in a "daily driver". :
                              But, RRIII was running one of the greatest full race Allison rod motors ever. I strongly suspect that Mike's engine was the most powerful Merlin ever built. An extra 600 or 700 horsepower in a more usable RPM range makes a huge difference. The tube is important but far from the whole story. Two major Air Racing geniuses were on that project, along with some amazing talent in the rest of that remarkable crew. That will be a very hard combination for anyone to match in the near future.

Some big shoes to fill there! Go Doc and Rick!

Neal
                              Last edited by wingman; 10-04-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X