Whats Your Favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Your Favorite

Next year I gotta try the pulled pork parfait.

Fried pickles were popular, as were Pinochios Bloody Marys.

Sure glad we have good beer selection these days like Stella Artois, Coors only from previous years sucked, as my German Porsche colleagues use to say "Americanisher piss wasser"

[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-24-2021, 08:55 PM.

Re: Whats Your Favorite

I normally live on the teriyaki sticks from the Teriyaki Bowl place - but they were not there this year. There was a teriyaki place called Koko's near the east end of the bleachers. I think that I've seen them in the pits before. They were OK, but not the same as Teriyaki Bowl.

What I really wanted was some good barbecue. The craving hit on Saturday, but the lines were ridiculously long. I was thinking that I could get some during the Thunderbirds show on Sunday, but I was a bit worried that they would run out. When the F35 started it's demo on Sunday, I noticed that the line was pretty short, so I got some then.

I would have had some of the Chick-Fil-A, but I never actually saw them serving any food. They were not open early when I went in for the day, and they were closed (probably out of food) by the time I went searching for an afternoon snack. And of course, they were closed on Sunday. My wife said that she got a chicken sandwich there when she came in one day. She usually comes in between 10:00 and 11:00. My sons and I are there early enough each day to catch the first race, and we stay until the last one is done.

Comment

Do they still have a Godfather's Pizza booth? I've always liked Godfather's, but for some reason it always tasted so good on the ramp at the air races.

Comment

Didn't catch the name, but the teriyaki bowl I got in the pits on sunday hit the spot, even if I did have to eat it too fast so I could catch the Sport Gold race. =)

The giant lemonades are always popular, but I noticed a distinct lack of ice cream carts this year. =(

We always hit the boy scout / kiwanis pancake breakfast just outside of the pit gate. Their hot coffee was extra welcome sunday morning after getting chilled in the stands for the early races.

Comment

Originally posted by L.E.D. View Post
          ...but I noticed a distinct lack of ice cream carts this year. =(
          We had a full-on ice cream booth this year, with much better ice cream that what was in the carts.

The only downside, I suppose, is that you had to go all the way to the booth to get it, instead of having multiple carts scattered around.

Comment

Working...
          X