Reno 2021 photo thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno 2021 photo thread.

OK... What I said earlier about file size that it will accept, there is a limit but it's really pretty big, the program just does not like to handle REALLY big images... again, it resizes them to the dimension that they display at when you click on the thumbnail...

That said.. I figured out what I did to make it so Dawg could upload more... I had a lower limit set to the usergroup "registered_member" and unlimited for usergroup "senior"...

I just set it to unlimited for registered_member as well... I believe that will fix..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks, Wayne.

Since your changes, I no longer see the quota information, so I suspect that was a part of the issue.

I'm still having problems uploading, though. The error message is simply the file name, followed by the text "Upload of file failed", with no further information or error code.

I suspect that the problem is the size of the files. I did just a quick pass through Photoshop to crop and make some minor adjustments. When I saved them, though, I picked maximum quality for the JPG's. That's giving me files somewhere between about 500KB and 800KB. I can go back and significantly reduce the file sizes and I would bet that will make things work better.

Oh, and I thought that I'd mention that I did not intend to turn this thread into a product support session. If you want to delete the post, and others that are not actually sharing images, that would be fine with me.

If I have further problems after reducing the file sizes, I'll start a new thread.

Thanks again,
      -Wade

Comment

Wade, I think that's the problem. (saving at highest quality) just save a copy in the "save for web" quality, it's what I do with my stuff here and it seems pretty good...

You can also do what a lot of guys are doing, upload to some photo site and link to the photos.. the posts with thumbnails are hosted here, the ones that are large on in the post, are hosted elsewhere and "in line" linked in the message..

Ideally, once you successfully upload a photo, see what the size (pixels) that the message board software resizes it to.. then since you have photoshop, resample/resize the photo to the size the server shows it as, then save for web... That way YOU control the resize for web viewing options rather than letting the server's limited ability do it for you... (it does a pretty decent job though)

If I didn't limit the upload file size, I think it chokes the program... again, when I set all this stuff up, I had a lot more knowledge of what in hell I was doing.... My fixit skills remained intact, I can still diagnose mechanical problems and either fix or re-engineer or both... my web skills, self taught much later in life than the fixit stuff, mostly gone..

Sucks!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

From Heat 3A
          May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

From Heat 3A

Comment

Will

Comment

Here are the rest of them that I wanted to post.

These are from my seat in the stands, just behind and to the left of the announcers. I didn't spend much time taking pictures this year. I only brought the DSLR on one day and mainly wanted to work on capturing prop blur. For the F35, I wanted to catch some mach diamonds and contrails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0822.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	231708Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0834.jpg
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	231709Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0812.jpg
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	231707Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0910.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	231712Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0857.jpg
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	231711Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0846.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	231710

Comment

Deleted duplicate reply
                  Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-24-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wadeh View Post
                    Here are the rest of them that I wanted to post.

These are from my seat in the stands, just behind and to the left of the announcers. I didn't spend much time taking pictures this year. I only brought the DSLR on one day and mainly wanted to work on capturing prop blur. For the F35, I wanted to catch some mach diamonds and contrails.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26041[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26042[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26040[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26043[/ATTACH]
                    Wade,

Thanks for sharing. Prop blur is a fun thing to chase. I'll take 500 and wow, that one that just nails it keeps me chasing more. The digital age works in our favor, the old days of buying 36 shot rolls of film and a week later after they were processed was a bummer and hard on the wallet.:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                      Wade,

Thanks for sharing. Prop blur is a fun thing to chase. I'll take 500 and wow, that one that just nails it keeps me chasing more. The digital age works in our favor, the old days of buying 36 shot rolls of film and a week later after they were processed was a bummer and hard on the wallet.:-)

Once you master the prop blur, then you have to chase the prop disk, and with it, the prop lightning. A full disk on Dreadnought is about 1/60. A fully prepped Mustang, about 1/80th. The small engines aren't too bad, you can get disks about 1/160 or so on most of those. The key is practice. Lots and lots of practice. Camera setup helps to a degree, but practice is what gets the results.

I got some disks this year. Not a whole lot as I was very out of practice. I can't wait to see what I actually got on the camera with the big lens. (A bunch of us were screwing around trying to get a full disk on the Osprey. I think it was possible at 1/20 sec. I might have one... maybe.)

Will

Comment

I found a post I made on DPreview years ago about prop blur...

Call me a purist but I am offended by Photoshopped prop blur.

If I knew how to use it, would I do it? I think I might but I'd make a disclaimer that this is an artistic CREATION and not a captured moment..

I LOVE that you guys are all about the challenge of doing it right!!

Am I being a dinosaur not accepting that you can make a photo better with PS...

Use sharpening, color adjustments, lighting anything but altering the actual content...

OK... crawling off my pedistal
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          I found a post I made on DPreview years ago about prop blur...

Call me a purist but I am offended by Photoshopped prop blur.

If I knew how to use it, would I do it? I think I might but I'd make a disclaimer that this is an artistic CREATION and not a captured moment..

I LOVE that you guys are all about the challenge of doing it right!!

Am I being a dinosaur not accepting that you can make a photo better with PS...

Use sharpening, color adjustments, lighting anything but altering the actual content...

OK... crawling off my pedistal
                          Photoshopping prop blur is cheating. Nothing more, nothing less. Get that crap outta here! If you have to resort to using photoshop for it, you are not a good aviation photographer.

Will

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X