Reno 2021 photo thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno 2021 photo thread.

This one might be my favorite. It?s cropped way down to fit on here. Bonus points for who can name the race.

Oh ya, runway number must be included for full bonus points.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fence Sence; 09-22-2021, 09:47 PM. Reason: Stipulations
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

My buddy, boomtown, organized this shot for me. When he took it, instead of asking to say cheese, he asked,?Who will win?? Name that finishing order.

Hint, it?s not the guy on the left.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
        A couple Thunderbird shots. I?m just shooting iPhone crap so I have to get a little creative.
        Creativity is the difference between a picture and art. If you can capture the subject and make it artistic, then you have a talent that many don't. In your case the sun flare works well. There are a lot of people who think a sun flare with artifacts is a lousy pic. Sometimes that is true, other times the flare makes it a pic that draws your attention to it.

Nice work.

Will

Comment

Will

Comment

I usually don't share other peoples shots, but this is worth sharing. I met Lou in 2012 or so. He enjoyed shooting pics of planes, but was shooting super high shutter speeds and propcyclces were the name of the game. With some coaching and encouragement, he has really improved. This year was his first trip to pylon 4 where he captured this epic shot.

Lou Drummond photo.

Will

Comment

Absolutely stellar!

Thank you all for sharing, almost like being there!

Some very nice work being presented in this thread!!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Another ?art? shot.

Thanks for kind words Will.
                Attached Files

Comment

I wanted to get an idea for the number of overtakes throughout the week so I plotted everyone's finishing position for each race. Pretty interesting to compare the classes and as a bonus I learned that Biplane doesn't allow racers to bump up/down during the week. They're locked in after qualifying.

"young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
                    I wanted to get an idea for the number of overtakes throughout the week so I plotted everyone's finishing position for each race. Pretty interesting to compare the classes and as a bonus I learned that Biplane doesn't allow racers to bump up/down during the week. They're locked in after qualifying.

That?s awesome. It?s a great way to show each aircraft?s week, it shows the ups and downs they went through. It only lacks the context of why they were moving up or down on the graph. The flat lines in the Unlimited Gold portion is a bummer.

Comment

I've never posted a photo here before, so here is a test to see how it works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0792.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	503.5 KB
ID:	231706

This seems to work, but I don't know how to get many images attached, like some of the other posts that I've seen. When I attempt to attach another image, I either get an error that the upload failed, or I get an error that I have exceeded my quota...

Comment

Originally posted by wadeh View Post
                        I've never posted a photo here before, so here is a test to see how it works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26028[/ATTACH]

This seems to work, but I don't know how to get many images attached, like some of the other posts that I've seen. When I attempt to attach another image, I either get an error that the upload failed, or I get an error that I have exceeded my quota...
                        Cool, thanks for sharing.

Once you create a thread place the cursor where you want the photos to place. Heres the screen shots for the steps. You can attach up to 20 per thread, keep them around 1mb, once you have all off them uploaded and in the lower attachment window, select "insert inline" make sure sure each attachment is checked.

Comment

Enjoy,
                          Will

Comment

Thanks Desertdawg!

I took a look at the steps that you posted. It seems that the issue is that I have a quota of 976.6KB, with 736.0 used (including one old image that I must have posted years ago).

I suspect that if I delete the images shown there, that the links in the associated posts will be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by wadeh View Post
                              Thanks Desertdawg!

I took a look at the steps that you posted. It seems that the issue is that I have a quota of 976.6KB, with 736.0 used (including one old image that I must have posted years ago).

I suspect that if I delete the images shown there, that the links in the associated posts will be broken.
                              That happened to me years ago, send Wayne a email and he can reset your limit so it is higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                                That happened to me years ago, send Wayne a email and he can reset your limit so it is higher.
                                Boy how I wish I could remember what I did for Dawg.. As far as I can tell by looking at the settings, I don't have a limit set for total amount of photos but there is an upload file size limit of 5045330 bytes... used to be able to convert that too mb real quick but forgot the formula.. (I'm not joking when I say I lost a LOT of memory and skillsets with these damn seizures)

The board automatically resizes the image to a decent web viewable size (in bytes/mbs) I suspect what's happenin' is that you're trying to upload a file that's above the size limit... Not sure how big the program can actually handle, we may be at max but it's better to resize them with Photoshop (there are free versions now) or some other good program. PS's save for web option is a really good one. It automatically sets compression to optimum making it very easy for the program here to accept...

What was the message you got again?
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X