Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Reno 2021 photo thread.

Default Re: Reno 2021 photo thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post

Will
    That is what I'm talking about. This picture is telling a story. I think it is a fantastic capture and one that I would have walked right by because I seem to be blind to that stuff.

Today's installment (only one more to go):

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Quote Originally Posted by W J Pearce View Post
    That is what I'm talking about. This picture is telling a story. I think it is a fantastic capture and one that I would have walked right by because I seem to be blind to that stuff.

Today's installment (only one more to go):

Bill, you were on fire this year. Your stuff is excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your stuff.

That shot of mine didn't start the way it came out. Initially I saw the two planes (actually 3, there is a thunder mustang to the left) in the hanger and figured it wasn't a bad shot but nothing all that exciting. It wasn't till I sat down and started working with it that I thought there was potential for something really cool. I set about darkening the back of the image, and as I turned down the lights (so to say) the rest of the picture started to present itself. So I went for it. A little of this, a bit of that. Crap, too much of that, back up... lets try some of this... yeah that works. A little more? No, too much. 10 minutes or so later, that was what I had. I'll take it! Its funny how things start off one way, and end up another.

Will

Will

Bill,

Did you happen to get any of the Biplane (Gold, specifically)? Your shots are amazing and so well-zoomed. It's a different perspective and I'd love to see Bipes if you have 'em.

Sam Swift
    Race #3
    Biplane
    Smokin' Hot
    Biplane Race #3

Quote Originally Posted by flyboycpa View Post
    Bill,

Did you happen to get any of the Biplane (Gold, specifically)? Your shots are amazing and so well-zoomed. It's a different perspective and I'd love to see Bipes if you have 'em.

Sam Swift
    Race #3
    Biplane
    Smokin' Hot
    I've got at least one from the pylons. I'll try and post what I have when I get home this afternoon.

Will

I like that one Will. Sorry Sam. As I eluded to earlier, I was in a foul-ish mood and I mostly stayed in my secret hideout. I'm not proud to admit it, but I only shot Sport and Unlimited Gold on Sunday. Eleven months to get my act together.

Last installment, and here is the link to them all: https://pbase.com/wjpearce/reno_2021

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

A definitive Gold Race shot, and something I've never seen this way. That spray bar water flowing back under the wing is quite unique (and very cool). I had somehow never thought about how the air heated by the oil coolers exited the airframe. Now I know. Having Argo next to the Dread Sled also really highlights the extent of the surgery necessary to add a second oil cooler and whatever else is lurking in those wing roots.

It's been a great little trip here Bill. Maybe it's just as well that you were off muttering or whatever much of the week.. If you shot all week and as much as the young guys we'd be here til Christmas oohing and ahing and not getting anything useful done. Great work...

I'd like at some point to put up some shots of Rapid Travel -- I really liked that project and a lot of people here may not have seen it much. You mentioned at one point being affected by that event -- would you rather I didn't?

Neal

I right clicked and "open image in new tab" and was able o see the image more full on!

Not sure what the native resolution of the shot is but it looked really good at 200% (edge browsersized)

Oh shoot.. I mean the second from the bottom shot.. the spray bar capture is excellent!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	26130

It even looks better when further blown! Would love to see original!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

I'm hoping the board software does not convert this link into a picture..

This is link to original at pbase.. COOL just checked link and it went directly to the big pixle version

https://a4.pbase.com/o12/72/327472/1...j._WJP1500.jpg
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by flyboycpa View Post
    Bill,

Sam Swift
    Race #3
    Biplane
    Smokin' Hot
    I've got just one that I've found so far. I might have more, but I don't know.

Will