Thanks Brent Hisey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Brent Hisey

For the past 3 races the return of Miss America has kept what’s left of the Unlimited spirit going and today was the epic finale. It’s hard to put into words what I’m feeling. This was one of the best races I have ever seen and more than takes the cake over Voodoo and Czech Mate in 2016 when nobody was crying about the Unlimiteds being a parade. If anyone thinks the Unlimited class is a parade you’re probably right starting next year. I’m pissed about the DQ, sad that this might be the last competitive Unlimited gold race we will see for a long time if ever again, and confused on how people can still say that the Unlimited Gold has no competition after today’s race. Miss America is a faster plane, sorry Dreadnought fans face the facts. I’m glad I got to watch Miss America prove herself one more time, and thanks to Brent and the whole Miss America team for giving us one last amazing race until who knows when. I hope I’m wrong, but if not, I’ll miss you Miss A.
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 09-19-2021, 09:03 PM.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Thanks Brent Hisey

I missed just about everything from Wednesday on as I was in my booth, busy, and facing the wrong way!
    I shut down Sunday and went out for the Gold.
    It felt like the old days with Dread and Miss A neck and neck the whole way. Warmed my heart and chilled my spine! Very nice!
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

No matter what the rules makers do, that was a hell of a race. Thanks Doc.

Comment

Thank you Brent, you brought excitement back to the Reno Air Race unlimited class.

Miss America has a strong fan base and it showed during the Sunday gold race.

Hold your head high young man for what you accomplished this year, next year will be better.

Comment

GRNDP51...very well said - and by all. Incredible. An icon ripping and bending the sticks...Wow! Unreal...the team, you, MissA never ever looked so good. We are blessed to have you - your team and the ongoing beauty of MissA. Brent thank you again for 'Christmas' in Sept!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
            This was one of the best races I have ever seen and more than takes the cake over Voodoo and Czech Mate in 2016 when nobody was crying about the Unlimiteds being a parade.
            I've read a couple reports, and it seemed obvious, Steve intentionally kept that race close. It appeared so to me, and the speeds seem to support that scenario. If so, kudos to Steve for doing what he could to raise the entertainment value.
            I don't know what Sunday's Gold speeds were but that race looked to be the real deal.
            There were good races going on back in the packs of all classes. RARA did a good job of covering them.

Comment

Thanks all. I wasn’t sure how that post would be received. The emotions were high yesterday and it felt right to put it into words. Still one of the best gold races I’ve seen. 2017 was awesome, but the story behind Doc’s return and 3 seasons of modifications to make Miss A capable of beating Dreadnought just gets me. I may have misheard, but I could’ve sworn Danny said Dread ran a 441 lap 5 or 6. If she had anything else left, it wasn’t much. Seeing them both coming around that last pylon was incredible, they were screaming and you could feel it. Let’s see what happens, but thanks Brent for giving the Unlimited class some much needed suspense and excitement in ‘18, ‘19, and ‘21.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X