Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watching Live Stream Good Job RARA!

Default Re: Watching Live Stream Good Job RARA!

This has been one of the most brutal wind days ever. Absolutely relentless. I?m surprised they ran anything at all. Huge dust clouds ripping across the VOS nearly every race. I?ve been coming here all my life and can?t remember a day of wind quite this bad in decades.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sence View Post
    This has been one of the most brutal wind days ever. Absolutely relentless. I?m surprised they ran anything at all. Huge dust clouds ripping across the VOS nearly every race. I?ve been coming here all my life and can?t remember a day of wind quite this bad in decades.
    Danimal sent me pix of outhouses blown into each other earlier.. I can't remember that happening in the past..

Wind makes for a really crappy day for shooting.. when you're long, it moves you around so much it's almost impossible to shoot at prop blur speeds....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

I'm enjoying - and, as an overseas race fan, very grateful for - the livestream but I'm surprising how unpolished it is given we've had it for a few years. And an advisory that Saturday was cut short, rather than just ending the broadcast, would've been welcome!

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have to work this weekend, after being out at Stead all week. So I'm VERY grateful to RARA for the live stream!! Good camera work also! I think it was a good call to stop in the interest of safety! Support the sponsors!!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Quote Originally Posted by Race 29 View Post
    Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have to work this weekend, after being out at Stead all week. So I'm VERY grateful to RARA for the live stream!! Good camera work also! I think it was a good call to stop in the interest of safety! Support the sponsors!!

Race 29
    I'm not there so I for sure can't offer on scene report... but... that said, from what I gleaned from being on the live chat, after having an extremely well run and successful early day run, the wind picked up and I gather it wreaked havoc on their wireless setups...

OK... again, was not "THERE" there but I was "there" live on chat with a BUNCH of other people.. RARA was quick to respond to every situation..

As for polished...

After sweating my balls off staying up till 3:00AM on a dialup account in the old press shack (now Sport Class HQ) to scan and upload a few images and write/upload a quick review of the day in 1997 to try to bring the races to the public earlier than waiting for magazines.... or Wide World of Sports...

I can not agree that what was produced today was not polished. The streaming is not job numba one...

Dunno man, I don't mean to jump on ya!!!!! I am guilty of and am frequently accused of beating down people..... I don't mean to, I'm just opinionated and I've been there in the trenches of getting things out that what we have today is simply frickin amazing to me!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

6. Default Re: Watching Live Stream Good Job RARA!

There is lots of discussion of how fast the 3 top planes are in Sport, but none of them have yet turned a race lap as fast as Jon Sharp in 2009 (although course changes make the comparison a bit difficult). It would be fun to see Jon's 407 record fall tomorrow if the conditions are right.[/QUOTE]

Technically with a different course you have different G loads which literally changes everything so a true comparison is impossible.

That being said here?s some statistics for the current course.
    Jeff holds the current course record at 409+ in 2014. There?s also the fudged math that was ended in 2017. If the fudged math was still in use, then Jeff qualifies at 409+ in 2017 as well. With the fudged math factor included when we won in 2018 at 402+, then we would have been shown as 410+.

Good luck today. I hope its another fun and safe race. A 410 lap would be sure to bring everyone to their feet.

GP

Relentless was out this morning and sounded really good.

Sport Gold is shaping up to be a fantastic race.

Quote Originally Posted by wadeh View Post
    Relentless was out this morning and sounded really good.

Sport Gold is shaping up to be a fantastic race.
    They woke us up this morning; sounded absolutely amazing!!!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"