Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9-17-21 Day 3 Updates!

Default Re: 9-17-21 Day 3 Updates!

Thanks GRNDP51 for the research and thanks AirBoss for work on the air races!

Jet Race 83 could not get the flaps extended. High speed landing. Heard him say on the radio he was going to need the whole runway. Not that surprised with issues popping up with all the hairball racing crap going on with those guys.

Funny to hear the sport guys say hi to Vicky as they pass.

Winds are going to suck today. Not sure how it?s going to play out but, prepare for the worst.

I have really crappy signal out there so posting updates is nearly impossible. Sorry for the lack of updates from my end. I?m relegated to quick blurbs in the morning before I head out.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

I hate to say it but, my Instagram page has a bunch of vids from the VOS. I?m all iPhone so pics are mostly pointless. @nowayknowhow
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Thanks for the post!

I?m on my phone, so can?t make a long response.

I completely understand the schedule logistics and the importance of the T Birds. I have no issues with the schedule changes. I was actually OK with the T Birds last because it would have shortened my day a bit. I do enjoy them, but have seen their show more times than I can remember. Especially on a long day, I leave my seat during their show to find some shade.

Regarding judging, I fully respect that their word needs to be final, and I don?t expect that I will agree with every call. That?s racing. My biggest complaint is that I would like them to be quicker on making the call. I would also appreciate it if the announcers could keep us more informed. Even now, there has been no announcements regarding yesterday?s finish.

Has there been any thought of including the reasons for any DQ on reports.airrace.org? For example could it say ?DQ - High Flying?, or ?DQ - Dead Line??, or ?DQ - Timing Error?, instead of just ?DQ??

That said, you guys do an AMAZING job of making this event happen. I can?t express how much I appreciate everyone?s efforts.

Any one know why Miss America was DQ