Gold Finger Tube motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Finger Tube motor

Does Gold Finger have a tube motor? I thought when Bill Rheinchild ?Risky Business? owned it he installed the tube type motor.

Re: Gold Finger Tube motor

No it does not. Clipped wings and spray bar are the only mods I know of besides any minor Merlin ?race? parts.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Re: Gold Finger Tube motor

After my Rare Bear time I was lucky (and blessed) to be on the crew for Rhino with Bad Attitude and to a certain extent Risky Business. Probably the best times I had crewing on an unlimited team. During the years I was with the team the Merlin engines for Risky Business were built by Rick Shanholtzer. As pointed out earlier Rick doesn't build tube engines. With that said that may clarify that Risky Business did not have tube engines. However Rick's engines did make incredible power. There was continuous conversations about streamlining the airplane with a turtleback canopy, profiled wings, etc. and going all in. Bill was hesitant as he wanted to be able to fly the Mustang comfortably year round. In the realm of "what if" (and hindsight) it would have been interesting to see how good a full on racer Risky Business would have been. Bill was calm and mild mannered except when he got in Risky Business. Then his balls were as big as grapefruits...if you know what I mean!

Marc Weir
      aka BigFoot
      Last edited by Bigfoot; 09-17-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X