Grove Aero 181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grove Aero 181

I too wondered why Sport Race 181 was taken off the list...and then I asked why in a FB comment on a photo of her posted by the team well after her removal from the sheets. I got this overnight:

"Michael N. Hux They had engine issues and thought they wouldn't be able to get it back together. But now it sounds like they got things back together and got her running today. They are looking for the Sport Class to be gracious enough to let him back into the fight tomorrow. He'd have to fight his way through from the very bottom but would be great to see this machine back out on the course."
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: Grove Aero 181

Thanks for the report! Let's hope they're allowed to race!

Comment

In pits, heard crew this a.m.: On standby for racing today. Electric issue caused lean condition which lead to detonation.

Fingers crossed they can race!

Comment

They had it towed out for a run up this evening. Not sure how it went.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
          They had it towed out for a run up this evening. Not sure how it went.
          They flew it up high for about a half an hour, sounded pretty good. They didn?t race today but I don?t think they would be doing mid-high power testing for the trip home.
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
            They flew it up high for about a half an hour, sounded pretty good. They didn?t race today but I don?t think they would be doing mid-high power testing for the trip home.
            Heard today that they will only get back in the race if one of the other sport class racers has to pull out entirely.

Comment

Working...
            X