Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Qualifying Day 2 - 'Live' Updates

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
    Did Jeff LaVelle qualify his Mustang yet?
    Yes, respectable 320, behind Speedball and Blondie who are generally the fastest stock Mustangs.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
      Hopefully LaVelle (39) and Grove (181) get everything sorted out tonight and get a qual in tomorrow. Also hoping Eldredge (42) gets the engine sorted and finds some more power.
      181 is no longer on the list. I assume they're standing down. Any word on what the issue is?

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut View Post
        181 is no longer on the list. I assume they're standing down. Any word on what the issue is?
        I was just in the pits a few minutes ago.

The cowl is off, but the engine looks to be together. I spoke with another fan who said that they had the cylinder heads off over night.

Comment

Just refreshed the reports site and Mojo is off too
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I see Miss Minn just beat out Limitless in the F1 qualifying. Glad to see we got what appears to be a great race for first in Formula 1.
            Chris

Comment

The reports site is showing Miss America as a DQ in the qual attempt
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Guess he'll be racing the back of Silver.
                "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Race 39 at 392!

Gonna be some good racing!
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                    The reports site is showing Miss America as a DQ in the qual attempt
                    I was there yesterday, and just saw where Miss A was DQ'd. Doc called for the clock for one lap when he was at pylon 4 (or there about's). The timers radio wasn't working so she had to be relayed the message. When she finally told Brent he would be on the clock he was already passing home pylon. The timer said "Race 11 you'll be on the clock the next time around". Brent ma have had the volume turned down so he might not have heard the timer, I really don't know. Miss A turned a lap that (in my opinion), was a little bit slower than Dreadnaught on Monday, but still in the hunt. After one lao Brent pulled off the course and race control said his timing lap was canceled. Brent came back and asked if they got a time on him at all, and asked if he needed to fly another lap. The timer stated that yes, they did get a good qualifying time. So Brent landed. That was 10 minutes before the last qualifying session ended. With the information I have, this could be the only thing I can think of that might have DQ's Miss A. Maybe the timer didn't get a good qualifying time after all? Miss A looked good, sounded good, I hope they let her race! (Sorry the pictures are rotated, I don't know how to fix that!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	MA4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	231675Click image for larger version

Name:	MA3.jpeg
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	231674Click image for larger version

Name:	MA2.jpeg
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	231673

Race 29
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Here's some video from Biplane racer Tommy Suell (#25 Shake & Bake) of his qualifying and some from the pits. In this video there's some fottage of Miss A doing some laps from today, Wednesday the 15th. So maybe I was wrong about the radio confusion. Anyhoo, It's a good video of the air races and behind the scenes of Tommy's effort. Very entertaining! Like and Subscribe!

Race 29

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                        Here's some video from Biplane racer Tommy Suell (#25 Shake & Bake) of his qualifying and some from the pits. In this video there's some fottage of Miss A doing some laps from today, Wednesday the 15th. So maybe I was wrong about the radio confusion. Anyhoo, It's a good video of the air races and behind the scenes of Tommy's effort. Very entertaining! Like and Subscribe!

Race 29
                        Didn't see a link in your post, so wanted to include some, it looks like he's got putting up quite a fun video blog of the races ...

The qualifying video:

The newest video with Biplane race A1:
                        Chris

Comment

I wake up for the gym at 0400 everyday and his vlogs of the races post just a few hours before; they?ve been great to watch/listen while at the gym!
                          "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Thanks Chris! Big oversite on my part!

Race 29

Comment

Working...
                            X