Blue Skies ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Skies ahead

I was at Stead this morning and there was no smoke. It?s looking like we should have a great weather week ahead. Let?s hope no more fires.

Re: Blue Skies ahead

A little rolling in now, hills starting to fade away. It's been much worse though.
    Supposed to have a slight possibility of T-storms here next week. That can be good or bad depending on whether we get rain or just lightning.
    Lots of tanker activity this afternoon, supposedly going to Dixie fire from here. Just had a Chinook fly over and we've had 2 CL-415's, a couple of Bea's, an MD-80, Seats and even a 737.
    I am not sure how tanker ops, if fires still burning, will affect race ops?
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
      A little rolling in now, hills starting to fade away. It's been much worse though.
      Supposed to have a slight possibility of T-storms here next week. That can be good or bad depending on whether we get rain or just lightning.
      Lots of tanker activity this afternoon, supposedly going to Dixie fire from here. Just had a Chinook fly over and we've had 2 CL-415's, a couple of Bea's, an MD-80, Seats and even a 737.
      I am not sure how tanker ops, if fires still burning, will affect race ops?
      Historically, BLM Op's out of KRTS are contractually obligated to vacate on Wednesday. Roughly about the same time as qualifications end and racing begins.

Given the size of the two largest fires and there proximity to KRTS (less than 50NM), the cycle time between tanker traffic can be an issue. They are Priority Traffic so if we have aircraft on the course, they go to the hold or land. BLM traffic cannot be delayed.

We could be in for a fun Monday AM thru Wed noon!
      Owen Ashurst
      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Hopefully these forecasted winds to the northeast the majority of this week come to fruition. Reno being south of Dixie and with Caldor slowing down, wind blowing Dixie further up is much better for Stead.
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

We could be in for a fun Monday AM thru Wed noon!
          Will just add to the airshow!
          I stepped out yesterday to look at the chinook flying VERY low over and low and behold there was a fire burning about a mile from me. They got it out at 5+/- acres. Started by shooters so one can see just how delicate the situation is here. Hats off to the quick response, now if people would just be aware of their surroundings while "recreating"...
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

The rain has been a welcome sight. I swear it could rain for a month and I?d be happy about it. Don?t worry, it won?t. Should be dry as a bone all week. So long as the fire crews can hang on to the lines over the next 48hrs, we should have great weather all week. Lack of clouds and haze won?t help the photogs though. Gold Sunday is forecast to be much cooler but this far out, I expect that to push out til Monday.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
              I swear it could rain for a month and I?d be happy about it. .
              Ahh.... I know somewhere it does just that most years... Would love to have ya as a neighbor..
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                Ahh.... I know somewhere it does just that most years... Would love to have ya as a neighbor..
                Ha, I?m sure after a month I?d bitch about that too.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Weather Underground is calling for a high of 67 degrees on Sunday. That's about as perfect as it gets!

Comment

Working...
                  X