No announcement yet.

Remember when... (and a quiz question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remember when... (and a quiz question)

Originally posted by wingman View Post
    Thank you Brad -- that shot has been a favorite of mine for many years. Has anybody ever worked up a list of all the airplanes Dr Bill was involved with over the years? He raced at least three, and also flew the B-17 at Miami, but there were many more over the years. He seemed to be known for bringing something new and interesting to Oshkosh each year.
    A couple of different P-51s, an HA-1112 Buchon, two Skyraiders, at least five different military helicopters, the B-17, an S2F Tracker, a Beech 18/C-45, Grumman American Tiger, Lockheed Lodestar, a couple of T-6s, T-34B, Chipmunk, Sea Vixen, Vampire, Bonanza, PT-23, Aerostar, Goose, Tomahawk (the Piper variety),Cub, Corsair, Sea Fury, T-33, N3N, Stearman....perhaps a few others. I think more aircraft went through his hands than the Whittington brothers.

Anyone on Facebook can see Charlotte's page with various photos. https://www.facebook.com/Charlotte.D...ison/photos_by

Comment

That's quite a career. I actually got a flight in the B-17 with Bill piloting, at the 1979 Miami race. He seemed like a nice guy the couple of times I briefly met him. He also wrote a very good article in Air Classics about racing the Sea Fury.

Here he is again -- landing very hot at Reno 79...

Neal
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, I really like the paint job on that Mustang!

Comment

Check PM's Please....
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X