Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Who's coming with me?" Positive Vibes

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
    That sounds amazing! I've camped up at Oshkosh but Reno we're always hosting a bunch of people so we stay in a hotel. One of these days when I can do just what I want to do I'm going to camp so i can be there from first light to last. Have a safe trip and enjoy!
    Thanks! Safe trip to you and your crew as well!

We have talked about camping at the field for some time as we usually don't have a sober driver to get us back to the GSR. The thought of catching all the action from sun up to sun down has always sounded awesome to us but we never made it happen! When they started the shuttle a few years back, it solved that problem, but to be quite honest, drinking all weekend and being out in the sun doesn't have the same appeal as it used to. And, it just plain hurts now!

We love camping and I have a feeling we are gonna have a great time!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
      Thanks! Safe trip to you and your crew as well!

We have talked about camping at the field for some time as we usually don't have a sober driver to get us back to the GSR. The thought of catching all the action from sun up to sun down has always sounded awesome to us but we never made it happen! When they started the shuttle a few years back, it solved that problem, but to be quite honest, drinking all weekend and being out in the sun doesn't have the same appeal as it used to. And, it just plain hurts now!

We love camping and I have a feeling we are gonna have a great time!
      And sitting around in the evening or early am and hearing a merlin or radial start up really helps the vibe.

Comment

I saw that but the F-35 is off the list too. Only showing the Heritage flight. Thinking something is just going on with the web site updates. Hoping at least.
        Osprey and F-35 back up on web site. Just a glitch.

Comment

Osprey and F-35 back up on web site. Just a glitch.
          That's great news.

I've not seen a demo yet by either of them, so I am really looking forward to it.

Comment

Usually a laid back, personal time for me, wandering around the site from the Saturday arrivals until the end. This year I am selling my junk at a booth so will see just how much of the races I will experience. Stop by and say hi down at the Aviation Classics end of the field.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Arriving mid-day on Wednesday and staying at the GSR. Operating entirely solo this year (despite my efforts to the contrary,) so going to make the most of it and do what I want, when I want until I'm back on a plane Monday afternoon! In other words, I'll likely be early to the field every morning and late to the hotel every night...

Assuming the winds of Mother Nature are agreeable (and they better be!) I am certain that by the time I am on that plane Monday, I will be more grateful than ever that I had my time in the high desert north of Reno.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                Usually a laid back, personal time for me, wandering around the site from the Saturday arrivals until the end. This year I am selling my junk at a booth so will see just how much of the races I will experience. Stop by and say hi down at the Aviation Classics end of the field.
                What kind of stuff are you selling Leo?

Comment

Coffee mugs, tumblers, keychains, mouse pads, coasters, with racers on them that no longer exist, based on my Pen and ink and watercolor work. We are kinda just feeling the market out a bit. I did Aviation Classics shirt art this year.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                    Coffee mugs, tumblers, keychains, mouse pads, coasters, with racers on them that no longer exist, based on my Pen and ink and watercolor work. We are kinda just feeling the market out a bit. I did Aviation Classics shirt art this year.
                    Good stuff Leo,

I'll definitely come by and have a look.

Comment

I'm in for this year. Arriving Thursday morning; staying downtown. I'm hoping for 4 days of good weather, good food, and good performance from whatever level of magic Merlin is in Miss America this year. The last pictures I took the last time I was in Reno were of Miss America streaked with oil.

Comment

Working...
                      X