New Simulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Simulators

Microsoft flight simulator just announced an expansion to bring back the reno racing mode. Also makes me very happy to see them calling it the Stihl National Championship Air Races

Here is a link to the trailer
    Microsoft Flight Simulator is partnering with the Reno Air Racing Association to bring the famous STIHL National Championship Air Races, the world’s fastest ...

Also independently there will be a simulator in the IF1 hangar where you will be able to sit in a Cassutt fuselage, put on a VR headset and fly the course in Race #9 Outlaw. And they're working on an event for fans to race real pilots which should be fun.
    "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Re: New Simulators

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
    Microsoft flight simulator just announced an expansion to bring back the reno racing mode. Also makes me very happy to see them calling it the Stihl National Championship Air Races

Here is a link to the trailer
    Microsoft Flight Simulator is partnering with the Reno Air Racing Association to bring the famous STIHL National Championship Air Races, the world’s fastest ...

Also independently there will be a simulator in the IF1 hangar where you will be able to sit in a Cassutt fuselage, put on a VR headset and fly the course in Race #9 Outlaw. And they're working on an event for fans to race real pilots which should be fun.
    My son got the new Xbox and the new world flying sim. The graphics are just amazing on a 42 in LG TV monitor. We took off from Lone Pine airport and few towards Panamint Valley and into Rainbow Canyon several times. Then in a Jet took off from there and flew towards Mt McKinley, did a touch and go in the Central Valley then to Monterey. That night he and his buddy flew around Fiji.

Since I will no longer fly commercial flights, I can at least see the world from my living room.

That is exciting that they will get the Reno Race addition.

Thanks for posting that.
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-24-2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Now if they can be signed on as a sponsor????

Comment

Sponsorship would be good, royalties would be good as well... wonder if they are giving any to RARA? I may have to get new flight controls! I used to have stick throttle and pedals back in the day.. Wonder if they would still work? Can't remember if USB or what.... Buried somwhere I think..
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
          Now if they can be signed on as a sponsor????
          If we/people/RARA/pilots can make that an exciting off then why not? Sponsorship is all about marketing. Make it worth their while and maybe they'll bite.

Also there is some marketing potential by having your logos on the race planes in the game. Now you indirectly get your logo on a plane that people will be flying around and will show up on youtube videos etc.
          "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

This is AMAZING news. It's about time. Already starting to think about all of the YouTube content creators that get hundreds of thousands of views playing Flight Sim and now they'll be RACING at Reno. All I can say is wow.
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
              This is AMAZING news. It's about time. Already starting to think about all of the YouTube content creators that get hundreds of thousands of views playing Flight Sim and now they'll be RACING at Reno. All I can say is wow.
              I have couple of the Disney "Planes" movies for the grandkids. They are watched over and over, classic Disney style. One of them starts out with Dusty racing at Reno.

Always wondered if Disney would make another Planes movie based on Reno. That would open yet another market.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-24-2021, 02:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                I have couple of the Disney "Planes" movies for the grandkids. They are watched over and over, classic Disney style. One of them starts out with Dusty racing at Reno.

Always wondered if Disney would make another Planes moving based on Reno. That would open yet another market.

The world is RARA's oyster now it seems...
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                X