Stead Air Field 8-18-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stead Air Field 8-18-21

Drove over to Stead. With red flag warnings NW 40 mph winds this afternoon, the Dixie fire has forced new evaluations for Jainesville. Susanville may be next, 395 north Doyle is now closed again. It is eye burning smokey today.

So they are paving the ramp at Stead today. Good news.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-17-2021, 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Stead Air Field 8-18-21

What is odd is, now they are digging a big trench for under ground work where the GA bleachers would be.

Comment

In previous years usually by mid August the GA bleachers have arrived and assembly started.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-17-2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

In 2019 they cut GA bleacher seats back a lot. I wonder if there will be GA seating this year?

There are absolutely no hints that there will be a big event in 3 1/2 weeks?

Please someone chime in with positive news, Owen?

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
          In 2019 they cut GA bleacher seats back a lot. I wonder if there will be GA seating this year?

There are absolutely no hints that there will be a big event in 3 1/2 weeks?

Please someone chime in with positive news, Owen?
          Don't quote me on this but I believe there will be one less GA bleacher set up this year (cost savings). Not sure about any reduction in Box Seats.

Ticket sales remain ahead of 2019.

Updated entries reveal we lost one UNL and one F-1. Don't know who.

Obviously the 500lb elephant in the room is how Wuhan and the fires will impact operations (Go/No-go) and/or attendance.
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
            Ticket sales remain ahead of 2019.
            Not sure how accurate that indicator is, all of us always by tickets the day before at the local outlet and/or at the gate.
            And usually there are always more tag alongs that follow our groups.

Comment

Just saw the first local Reno Air Race ad during the channel 2 news. JJs and a local sports book are having an air race package promotion.

Comment

Not sure how accurate that indicator is, all of us always by tickets the day before at the local outlet and/or at the gate.
                And usually there are always more tag alongs that follow our groups.

Point of clarification.

By sales I mean advanced sales are ahead of 2019. Cannot be sure but I believe 35-40% of ALL sales are walk up, day of. Could be wrong on that.

Owen Ashurst

Comment

There was some talk a while back that RARA is cutting GA seating this year. Just in case, even tho my GA tickets from 2020 were rolled into this year, I purchased reserved bleacher seats in-case "Section 1" of the GA bleachers is MIA. I have really enjoyed that view for my years at the races.
                  May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Owen,

How many sections of GA stands will be remaining?

Hopefully Section 3 is still there.

Hans

Comment

Owen,

How many sections of GA stands will be remaining?

Hopefully Section 3 is still there.

Hans
                      Dunno.

I was not involved in those discussions but I'd be shocked to hear Section 3 is MIA!
                      Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
                        Dunno.

I was not involved in those discussions but I'd be shocked to hear Section 3 is MIA!
                        You and me both, that would mean the end is near!

Comment

I?ve been looking at this site daily . I?m hoping all of these fires are out in a couple of weeks. There’s just no way if it?s like this during race week.

METAR KRNO 191955Z VRB06KT 10SM FEW070 FEW130 FEW200 21/M02 A2999 RMK AO2 SLP114 ACSL DSNT E AND S T02061017. There is little or no wind from a variable direction. Visibility is 10 mi. No ceiling has been observed. The temperature and wind chill are 21 °C.
                          Last edited by John H; 08-23-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

RARA's going to take a financial hit out of this, no matter if it clears or not. The less than devoted fans, who are needed to make a successful event are rethinking their plans as we speak..

I am very devoted fan and.... due to a ton of reasons, my health being one, and I was forced to make the difficult decision to cancel my reservations...

I've been very hesitant to state that fact... but... I'm not going this year.....
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                              RARA's going to take a financial hit out of this, no matter if it clears or not. The less than devoted fans, who are needed to make a successful event are rethinking their plans as we speak..

I am very devoted fan and.... due to a ton of reasons, my health being one, and I was forced to make the difficult decision to cancel my reservations...

I've been very hesitant to state that fact... but... I'm not going this year.....
                              Wayne- so sorry to hear that. That's never an easy decision to come to. Our group is going to head out there unless they make any announcements ahead of time. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X