Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear in Flight Journal Magazine

Hello all...

Just a note to let you know that my article on some of the lesser-known early history of "Rare Bear - The wrecked F8F-2 Bearcat that became air racing's winningest Unlimited racer" (inspired by this forum) and the 1991 Championship race is out now in the September/October issue of Flight Journal. (www.flightjournal.com).

My thanks to BellCobraIV and Wayne for their great contributions to the story. You'll also hear directly from Lyle in the piece with recollections culled from the many interviews he did with my father. As BellCobraIV will tell you, there's much more to the story but I had room for only so much. That just means there might be a follow up... sometime soon.

Btw Wayne, I had a photo or two I wanted to upload here but the upload keeps failing for some reason - likely me. Any suggestions?
    Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Re: Rare Bear in Flight Journal Magazine

What's the message board gives you Jan? I think if the image is not .jpg or is too large in file size, it will fail...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Nice job on the article BTW! Happy to have been of help!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks Wayne. I guess the photo sizes are too large. They're both jpegs but they're a little over 6 MB.
        Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Comment

Yea, the message board software does a pretty good job of downsizing images unless they are beyond its limits.. I can not recall those limits but would wager, that's the issue.

If you have any version of photoshop, it should allow you to "save for web" or something like that... again, these damn "issues" that sent me to the frickin ER via the flashing red taxi, have sort of wiped my memory of some "skills" that I used to have...

Streemly frustrating I look back at what I have put up on the web via my old skills and.. damned if I can't remember how to do it!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bearcat-Able-Cat-2-001-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	922.0 KB
ID:	231631

I had to reawaken some skills, but I think I made it happen"""
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I managed to hijack Jan's thread with my rant.. I tried to move the rant ant its responses and managed to delete everything.. How convenient.... LOL...

Trust me, I'm not that smart!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                Thanks Wayne. I guess the photo sizes are too large. They're both jpegs but they're a little over 6 MB.
                I can't remember the file size limits, but I know they are under 6mb. I hve the settings pretty generous meaning file size over image visual quality.. 6mb the size of your image is so easily downsized with photo shop..

I do know how to save an original image with only exposure tweeks, as well as file "save as" settings..

6 MB is just too big, so I "save for web" in PS and it pretty much does the rest..

Hope this post makes sense... I'm drinking beer!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                X