Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2021 Entries Announced

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
    Well Minh Jet owns both American Spirit and Phoenix, so probably just a matter of choosing one over the other. Kathy told me in 2019 the engine wasn't at full health, but I don't pretend to know if that's related to this.
    What's the story on Phoenix? Is it a full on build like American Spirit?

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
      What's the story on Phoenix? Is it a full on build like American Spirit?
      Phoenix is the white red and light blue stocker. Did some laps at PRS.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Won a golden wrench at Oshkosh 2012
        "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Miss A is out stretching her legs again. Supposedly putting time on her with the new mods...

Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Did I read that right? Jeff LaVelle in a real Mustang?!
            Random Air Blog

Comment

How's the schedule coming Owen? Any insight into the race breakdown?

From the entry numbers, I would assume:

Unlimited - Silver, Gold
              Jet - Bronze, Silver, Gold
              T6 - Silver, Gold
              BIP - Bronze, Silver, Gold
              F1 - Silver, Gold
              Sport - Medallion, Bronze, Silver, Gold

Honestly would be very satisfied with only 2 T6 races a day. Would prefer 3 F1 over 3 BIP, but is what it is.

I also remember Jet the previous years has had aircraft fill in spots to fully support Bronze, Silver, Gold. Hopefully with the number of entries this year it works like a normal class where each jet only races once a day and can move up or down depending on speed in the heats. Was strange seeing some of the same jets in the Bronze and Silver races on Sunday, doesn't make sense to me.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post

Unlimited - Silver, Gold
                T6 - Silver, Gold
                F1 - Silver, Gold

Honestly would be very satisfied with only 2 T6 races a day. Would prefer 3 F1 over 3 BIP, but is what it is.

I also remember Jet the previous years has had aircraft fill in spots to fully support Bronze, Silver, Gold. Hopefully with the number of entries this year it works like a normal class where each jet only races once a day and can move up or down depending on speed in the heats. Was strange seeing some of the same jets in the Bronze and Silver races on Sunday, doesn't make sense to me.
                Burning lots of calories and midnight oil on it. Your assessment seems relatively close.

I'll be off-line starting tomorrow AM thru Sunday, working the Airshow of the Cascades in Madras. OR. Then...no holes bared on Reno. We're very close on a smooth version of the schedule but as with all thing airshow...it's still cast in sand until the Monday after it's over!
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post

Unlimited - Silver, Gold
                  T6 - Silver, Gold
                  F1 - Silver, Gold

IF1 has had filler racers for the bronze heat. Safety rules limit how many planes can be in a single heat. So you are required to make the extra heat instead of squeezing them all in. So now the options are do you have a race of 3 (of the slowest) airplanes or do you add some other airplanes for the fun/entertainment of it?

A lot of good pictures and video comes out of those heats because everyone is all motoring around at the same power settings. It's good showmanship.
                  "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
                    Burning lots of calories and midnight oil on it. Your assessment seems relatively close.

I'll be off-line starting tomorrow AM thru Sunday, working the Airshow of the Cascades in Madras. OR. Then...no holes bared on Reno. We're very close on a smooth version of the schedule but as with all thing airshow...it's still cast in sand until the Monday after it's over!
                    Thank you sir. Good luck with Cascades!

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
                    IF1 has had filler racers for the bronze heat. Safety rules limit how many planes can be in a single heat. So you are required to make the extra heat instead of squeezing them all in. So now the options are do you have a race of 3 (of the slowest) airplanes or do you add some other airplanes for the fun/entertainment of it?

A lot of good pictures and video comes out of those heats because everyone is all motoring around at the same power settings. It's good showmanship.
                    I do understand the need to fill those 3 plane races out, just harder to keep things straight. Just using Sunday 2019 for example, Sluggo finished 3rd in Bronze, and every other jet in that race bumped up to Silver. Do all of these jets that bumped into Silver just act as fill-ins and still get Bronze trophies? Does Sluggo get 1st place Bronze since everyone else is in Silver? Lol.
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

https://reports.airrace.org/ updated with entries. Looks like no bronze Biplane either, with 19 planes that'll be some packed heats.
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Do we know if the T-Birds are basing at Stead or RNO? Hopefully RNO.

Comment

45 min allotted for them, should be RNO
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

TBirds @ RNO.

V-22 and F-35 @ RTS

Curious what the primary driver is for folks to have the TBirds @ RNO? Sightlines? Time?
                            Owen Ashurst
                            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

TBirds @ RNO.

V-22 and F-35 @ RTS

Curious what the primary driver is for folks to have the TBirds @ RNO? Sightlines? Time?
                              I personally like them at Stead, but I understand the additional time constraints and I wouldn?t want to sacrifice another race to host them. There?s something truly awesome about seeing them lined up down on the ramp and it?s inspiring. That said, one year we had the T-birds and they were in Reno I arrived on a night flight and they were all lit up with overhead halogens and it was pretty cool to see.

Comment

TBirds @ RNO.

V-22 and F-35 @ RTS

Both. I have heard many box seat holders complain about the sight line issue. For me it is about the time. They always seem to push the schedule and, in the case of 2010, that extra hour they took costs us the Unlimited Gold. I get that they put a few extra butts in seats that might not otherwise come, but I doubt many of them even know the difference in their show if they base off site.

Comment

Working...
                                X