Reno '21 Unlimited Entry Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno '21 Unlimited Entry Speculation

Here's what I got, assuming 16 (maybe 17)

(12 pretty much confirmed)
    Dreadnought
    Miss America (yes, confirmed )
    Sawbones
    Argonaut
    924G
    Goldfinger
    Speedball Alice
    Sparky
    Lady B
    Bunny
    Man 'O War
    Pretty Polly

Planes of Fame is bringing 2 Mustangs (assuming Wee Willy & Spam Can), as well as the Corsair and Bearcat. Likely they will be racing the Mustangs (still holding hope for the Bearcat, but it will be nice to see at Reno racing or not).

Jeff LaVelle is hopefully going to have a Mustang to race (either his new pony, "Sweet & Lovely", or something else).

Dusty... TBD

And that leaves possibly 2 more. I was hoping for Crusader and On Eagle's Wings, but it didn't sound likely.

Overall, best field we've had since 2017 I would say. An even stronger Miss America, Sawbones will be able to strut the new propeller and lower profile canopy, add some more stockers to fill up the pits

Take this lineup next year and add in Full Noise, Vicky in Race 64, a few other things in the works may come to fruition too, baby steps
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Reno '21 Unlimited Entry Speculation

Any chance PoF would also bring either of the two, or both, Super 'Stangs residing there?

Comment

I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about Jeff Lavelle moving up to the unlimiteds. I'm excited to see him begin the process of beating Dreadnought in a couple years.
      "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
        I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about Jeff Lavelle moving up to the unlimiteds. I'm excited to see him begin the process of beating Dreadnought in a couple years.
        I don’t think anyone realizes it yet, and me personally curious how he’s turning a pretty nice restoration like Sweet ‘N Lovely into a super stocker (if that’s the case?). A little different than Risky -> Goldfinger. I guess RRIII is always the poster child for making a daily driver into a hot racer though. Seems the route Miss A is taking even further this year too. I expect that to be the theme going forward with Mustangs that race at Reno.
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          I don?t think anyone realizes it yet, and me personally curious how he?s turning a pretty nice restoration like Sweet ?N Lovely into a super stocker (if that?s the case?). A little different than Risky -> Goldfinger. I guess RRIII is always the poster child for making a daily driver into a hot racer though. Seems the route Miss A is taking even further this year too. I expect that to be the theme going forward with Mustangs that race at Reno.
          Oh that sounds exciting. Taking a Mustang to the super stock level is a good option and a viable option for the owner if they still have fire in their heart to go a bit faster.

I like what Brown did with Goldfinger. RARA needs to start thinking about renaming the classes, such as:

Museum Class
          Super Stock

Classic cars have been doing it for several years, pro touring.

Comment

If that is even the plan. Has he said he wants to start modifying it?

Comment

I actually don't know if the intent is to modify the mustang.

But I guess I'm more noting the lack of discussion/hype of the whole thing....
              Last edited by CubersWrist; 08-03-2021, 10:00 AM.
              "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                If that is even the plan. Has he said he wants to start modifying it?
                Well, if he is planning to, at least its not a mustang with history. Its a data plate build. Yep its a former Oshkosh champion, but with zero history before that build, it sounds like an ideal airframe to make fast.

Time will tell what happens with it.

Will

Comment

I actually don't know if the intent is to modify the mustang.

But I guess I'm more noting the lack of discussion/hype of the whole thing....
                  This is actually the first I?ve heard of it. That?s awesome news! I very much like his flying around the course. I can?t think of an instance in which he?s done something dumb. I?m excited to see the two together. Who?s on the crew?
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                  X