Dusty Hill Will Rock On Forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusty Hill Will Rock On Forever

ZZ Top, another old school Americana rock band.

I always liked long since I was a teenager during the Woodstock years. Then corporate life made a mullet more acceptable.

After 35 years abiding by corporate culture my retirement goal was to grow a ZZ Top style beard.

I retired 12/2019 and my beard is 1/3 there.

Let's hoist one in Dusty's honor at beer thirty.

You're watching the official music video for ZZ Top - "Gimme All Your Lovin'" remastered in HD from the album 'Eliminator'.Subscribe to the Rhino Channel! ht...

Re: Dusty Hill Will Rock On Forever

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post

I always liked long since I was a teenager during the Woodstock years. Then corporate life made a mullet more acceptable.

After 35 years abiding by corporate culture my retirement goal was to grow a ZZ Top style beard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae829mFAGGE
    Ditto, my friend. Iron Butterfly "InaGadaDavida" in 1968 was an epiphany. When I brought that album home from the local record store and slapped it on the old Magnavox Stereophonic Portable Turntable system, thought my parent were gonna $#it a brick.

While I've been fortunate to have seen almost all the great bands live, many multiple times, this one escaped me and I regret it more now than ever. Dusty Hill was the quintessential bottom line for a rock band. He will be missed greatly...

Rock On, Dusty! Heaven has one helluva band...
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
      Ditto, my friend. Iron Butterfly "InaGadaDavida" in 1968 was an epiphany. When I brought that album home from the local record store and slapped it on the old Magnavox Stereophonic Portable Turntable system, thought my parent were gonna $#it a brick.

While I've been fortunate to have seen almost all the great bands live, many multiple times, this one escaped me and I regret it more now than ever. Dusty Hill was the quintessential bottom line for a rock band. He will be missed greatly...

Rock On, Dusty! Heaven has one helluva band...
      Your kidding, me too. About the same year I walked down to our local record store in Linda Mar and bought the exact same album. Went home and played it over and over on the old RCA Viking down in the basement. I just checked my vinyl collection and no longer have that one. However I still have the Viking record player.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 07-30-2021, 08:59 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae829mFAGGE
        Was very fortunate to play and beat Mr. Hill in a pool tournament here in Houston back in the 80s. I didn't appreciate it at the time, as I was around 9 years old, but have been a big fan since. ZZ was my first concert. Memories are good.

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3 View Post
          Was very fortunate to play and beat Mr. Hill in a pool tournament here in Houston back in the 80s. I didn't appreciate it at the time, as I was around 9 years old, but have been a big fan since. ZZ was my first concert. Memories are good.
          Nine years old and already a pool shark?! Atta boy!
          Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
            Nine years old and already a pool shark?! Atta boy!
            I wouldn't say I was a pool shark, but not bad for a kid. I had my 15 minutes of fame by beating Dusty with a lucky bank shot, and then finishing 3rd in that tournament. It was at a small bar that Mr. Hill frequented off Memorial Dr. Reminds me of "Cheers" now that I look back.

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3 View Post
              I wouldn't say I was a pool shark, but not bad for a kid. I had my 15 minutes of fame by beating Dusty with a lucky bank shot, and then finishing 3rd in that tournament. It was at a small bar that Mr. Hill frequented off Memorial Dr. Reminds me of "Cheers" now that I look back.
              Great story.. great memories! 👍
              Owen Ashurst

Comment

Working...
              X