Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Race Class Registration Update

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    A couple years back RARA had this concept of a ?festival? with the band in the pits after the day concluded. When I heard festival I thought more along the lines of OSH. A Saturday twilight show would be incredible. It would take some $$$ but having Randy Ball at Reno would be a great addition for daytime and a twilight show.
    I thought the live band concept for Saturday was a good idea. Don't know what happened to it but suspect it was dropped due to financial considerations.

Sunset is around 1900, civil twilight until 1930. Night shows are defined as shows starting at the end of civil twilight. So it would be possible to conduct a twilight show starting at say, 1845. While the band is setting up, we run folks like Randy of perhaps a single-ship demo w/AB's, or maybe folks like Bob Carlton in his jet powered glider or Sub-Sonex microjet pyro act. So many options out there.

Yes, these do come at a cost. But as the old saying goes, ya' gotta spend money to make money.

Will say some in RARA are very reluctant to either expand the scope of the event or if they felt a performer caused them some issues with scheduling or such, they're not invited back. That short-sighted mentality does not serve the event well.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Any idea when we'll get entries posted Owen?
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        Any idea when we'll get entries posted Owen?
        No sorry, I don't. Not that close to the registration process. If I hear anything that can be made public, I'll certainly try to post it here ASAP.
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
          No sorry, I don't. Not that close to the registration process. If I hear anything that can be made public, I'll certainly try to post it here ASAP.
          Thanks Owen, assuming within the next few weeks. I remember it released during TOM in 2019, around August 2nd or so.
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
          X