Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Championship Air Races & Airshow: Where Else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship Air Races & Airshow: Where Else?

Ya gonna see something like this, RACING!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: National Championship Air Races & Airshow: Where Else?

it would be cool to see it come back to race. That said, I don't remember it being all that fast.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
      It is an imitation Fw-190. Flugwerk if I remember correctly. R-2000 G limited. Nothing like the Original. Built for air shows, lol.
      Its "What da Focke" and I'm pretty sure it has an R2800. Yes its a Flugwerk replica, but I believe it was full sized built to original spec aside from the engine.

The thread from 2010 about it. http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showt...-What-da-Focke

Will

Comment

Pretty cool none-the-less IMHO...
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

2010/2011's Unlimited class was cool because of the variety and planes racing for fun. These days it would make sense for POF bring the Bearcat and run in Gold. Would be fun to see what Steven can do in that plane. If it's close in performance to Pardue's Bearcat, it could be a top 3 contender in the current Gold field.
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The variety was also enhanced with outright mischief such as what Jimmy Leeward did in his Mig during one of, if not the first jet racing test/demo's at the National Championship Air Races & Air Show

Dave DeVos posted some video he shot or has in his possession from the World of Wings thing we did with Bob Avery way back when...

A view from the home pylon as Jimmy Leeward lights his afterburner and leaves the field in the dust. *** Our hearts go out to his family and all of those wh...

I don't know, somebody I know recently referred to Jimmy Leeward as an "Enigma", aren't we all after all! But I think Jimmy brought a level of showmanship and promoteability to the sport that was, well just plain damn fun!

Those burner passes during early jet class test runs were truly outrageous, but anyone there will never forget the sight, sound and just plain damn fun that those moments brought us..

Happy 4th Of July!

I be 70 in 19 days... I can not believe it!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X