Thread: Tom Dwelle in Flight Journal Magazine

Default Tom Dwelle in Flight Journal Magazine

Just a note to let anyone who's interested know that I just did an article with Tom on his exploits flying A-1E Skyaiders in Vietnam and in particular, a mission he flew on November 20, 1965 for which he won the Distinguished Flying Cross.

Long before rounding the pylons behind the Rare Bear-like 3350 in Critical Mass (and T-6s Tinkertoy, Yankee Air Pirate), Tom flew behind unmodified 3350s in Skyraiders. The story is in the January/February issue of Flight Journal Magazine - out now.

Cheers.

Default Re: Tom Dwelle in Flight Journal Magazine

I am on the road adjusting to being a "snowbird" at the moment and have not yet succeeded in getting mail properly forwarded to me..

I've not had a chance to read the article but I've re-subscribed to Flight Journal and Jan's articles are always a good read!.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing here Jan!

As an edit: Tom Dwelle is a fascinating person! I look forward to reading this!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Thanks Wayne.

I have a couple more stories in the same/current issue, including the cover story on a C-17 crew that flew refugees out of Afghanistan during the chaos back in August.

Another story in this issue of interest to folks here is the interview I did with Steve Hinton on flying the world's only original airworthy Fw-190, the Flying Heritage Collection's Fw-190 A5/U3. In the story Steve relates what it's like to fly the airplane, from takeoff to landing and cites the difference between flying the Flugwerk replica Fw-190 POF has and the real thing.

Steve passed along a great quote from Skip about Mustangs at the end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Thanks Wayne.

I have a couple more stories in the same/current issue, including the cover story on a C-17 crew that flew refugees out of Afghanistan during the chaos back in August.

Another story in this issue of interest to folks here is the interview I did with Steve Hinton on flying the world's only original airworthy Fw-190, the Flying Heritage Collection's Fw-190 A5/U3. In the story Steve relates what it's like to fly the airplane, from takeoff to landing and cites the difference between flying the Flugwerk replica Fw-190 POF has and the real thing.

Steve passed along a great quote from Skip about Mustangs at the end of the story.
    Like I said, your stuff is always good, I'm really happy that I've renewed my subscription to FJ.. I learn so much from reading..

Again, thanks for sharing!!!!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Bought that can 'o whoop ass and set that shot up... didn't make the show but was a great moment, thanks for digging it up! Where did you find it???
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

It came up on YouTube