Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: PRS FYI

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,244

    Default PRS FYI

    In case of interest:

    PRS is scheduled in two stages this year.

    Stage one is Sunday, 06Jun @0800hrs thru Wed 09Jun @ 1200hrs and will be F1, Sports, and Jets.

    Stage two is Wed 09 Jun @ 1201hrs thru Sat 12Jun @ 1700hrs and will be Bips, T6, UNL and STOL.

    Reasoning is the break in 2020 necessitates additional time on course for both rookies and returning pilots.

    Hope to see you there...
    Last edited by Air Boss; 04-18-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,476

    Default Re: PRS FYI

    I will honestly try to be there and do what we've done for the last years.... take pictures and help build interest in September... Unsure what to hell is going on with my health but I just got out of the hospital for the second time in the last month... I think I might be getting old.... LOL
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Re: PRS FYI

    Hang in there Wayner. I want to see you in Sept. for sure. Talk about old I'll be 89 in May.
    Lockheed Bob

  4. #4

    Default Re: PRS FYI

    I'm hoping to come up for Wed- Saturday. I need to relearn how to shoot airplanes.

    Will

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,244

    Default Re: PRS FYI

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I'm hoping to come up for Wed- Saturday. I need to relearn how to shoot airplanes.

    Will
    Hope to cross paths with you.

    And yeah...you're photog skills need some serious buffing up!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Re: PRS FYI

    Hey Will don't really shoot airplanes. Just photos & yes they are good.
    Lockheed Bob

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,244

    Default Re: PRS FYI

    Forgive the formatting. Totals as of today for PRS:

    SESSION ONE (Sunday PM thru Wed 1200hrs)

    Class Student Certified Instructor Total Aircraft Coming
    F1 7 3 3 13 10
    Jet 9 6 6 21 15
    Sport 13 13 13 39 34
    Total 29 22 22 73 59


    SESSION TWO (Wed Noon thru Sat 1700hrs)

    Biplane 4 4 3 11 7
    STOL 5 0 1 6 5
    T-6 6 3 4 13 10
    Unlimited 2 1 2 5 3
    Total 17 8 10 35 25

    Class Student Certified Instructor Total TOTAL Aircraft
    Total 46 30 32 108 84
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,244

    Default Re: PRS FYI

    Quote Originally Posted by Air Boss View Post
    Forgive the formatting. Totals as of today for PRS:

    SESSION ONE (Sunday PM thru Wed 1200hrs)

    Class Student Certified Instructor Total Aircraft Coming
    F1 7 3 3 13 10
    Jet 9 6 6 21 15
    Sport 13 13 13 39 34
    Total 29 22 22 73 59


    SESSION TWO (Wed Noon thru Sat 1700hrs)

    Biplane 4 4 3 11 7
    STOL 5 0 1 6 5
    T-6 6 3 4 13 10
    Unlimited 2 1 2 5 3
    Total 17 8 10 35 25

    Class Student Certified Instructor Total TOTAL Aircraft
    Total 46 30 32 108 84
    OK for whatever reason the site won't let me format appropriately. ARGh!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,118

    Default Re: PRS FYI

    Owen, refresh my memory on this. If someone raced previously, but not within 3 years, do they have to attend in person at PRS or can they just be at the pre-Reno "PRS" right before race week? That pre-Reno "PRS" might only for people who attended PRS, but just did ground school and still need to do the flying portion?

    And does within 3 years mean 2018 pilots are still good to go?
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '21

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    1,244

    Default Re: PRS FYI

    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Owen, refresh my memory on this. If someone raced previously, but not within 3 years, do they have to attend in person at PRS or can they just be at the pre-Reno "PRS" right before race week? That pre-Reno "PRS" might only for people who attended PRS, but just did ground school and still need to do the flying portion?

    And does within 3 years mean 2018 pilots are still good to go?
    The FAA and RARA have agreed that 2020 was a ghost year.

    If you were required to attend PRS in 2020, you must attend in 2021.

    If you were certified to race in 2020 but by not doing so you would have to attend PRS in 2021, you can postpone attending PRS to 2022.

    The three year rule still applies, save for the discounting of 2020.

    The "Pre-Reno PRS" sceanrio is basically as you've indicated, for the most part. That said, this years schedule may change a bit and that opportunity may change as well.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •