Reno 1982.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 1982.

These were all shot by my dad using a Miranda 35mm. I found the slides in some of his stuff and digitized them using my Nikon D850 and a Nikon ES-2 slide/negative converter. I apologize for the dust specs and fingerprints on these. Still, kinda cool to look back and see the races.

Its sort of a trip looking through these images, and then knowing that I have images that I took at Reno in the Reno program for thousands of people to see nearly 40 years later.

Will

Re: Reno 1982.

Awesome. It was a Hornet! Not the cool kind. Some cool stuff in there though. Hoover in the Shrike. Cristian Eagles. Some Marston Matting. All good stuff. Thanks Will.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Its kinda wild for me to look at these pics taken by my dad, and know that nearly 40 years later, I'd be out at the pylons with some of the best aviation photographers in the world, shooting pics that would make it into the program. It leaves me thinking "wow, who'd have thought back then that I'd be lucky enough to be shooting from the pylons, and be featured in the program."

Will

Comment

Just goes to show, find something you love to do and you?ll never work a day in your life. Pretty awesome that you followed through and made it all the way to the program. Not too many air race rats like us made it quite that far.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Very cool stuff, Will. Thanks for sharing your fathers experiences through film. Some priceless images!

Given my roles at Reno over the last decade or so I've not been shooting much at all. But like you, I was honored to have had several of my images selected for the 2012 program. A program that for obvious reasons held very special significance.

And like you, I never thought my little avocation of killing pixles would amount to much except capturing memories for me to share with family and friends.

Video is an awesome format and tells a great story, no question. That said, at least for me, there's something about viewing an image...a split second of time, frozen forever, that conjures up all sorts of feelings. Oddly, in some ways, more so than a video clip.

Look forward to seeing more of your work from this year, and hopefully years to come.

Hope to chat at PRS. PM me and we'll carve out some time.

Cheers!
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
          X