Wayback Machine: PEOPLE PASSION PISTONS & POWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayback Machine: PEOPLE PASSION PISTONS & POWER

Wow.. I just recieved a link... I'd almost forgotten this.. Good friend Bob Avery and a bunch of other great guys allowed me to be a part of this production... what a THRILL every moment was! I gotta watch it again, there's a bunch of stuff in there that I didn't remember... some really good stuff from some legendary people who partook in the production..

It was actually pretty much a shock because I'd just started AAFO, but being that it was the only show in town at the time, I guess it got noticed. FOR CERTAIN, last thing I'd have imagined two years or so into AAFO.COM, poor dumb fork-lift operater gets to be on TV... LOL!

Intro in the beginning by another good friend Dave de Vos

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Wayback Machine: "PEOPLE PASSION PISTONS & POWER"

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Wow.. I just recieved a link... I'd almost forgotten this.. Good friend Bob Avery and a bunch of other great guys allowed me to be a part of this production... what a THRILL every moment was! I gotta watch it again, there's a bunch of stuff in there that I didn't remember... some really good stuff from some legendary people who partook in the production..

It was actually pretty much a shock because I'd just started AAFO, but being that it was the only show in town at the time, I guess it got noticed. FOR CERTAIN, last thing I'd have imagined two years or so into AAFO.COM, poor dumb fork-lift operater gets to be on TV... LOL!

Intro in the beginning by another good friend Dave de Vos

I believe I watched this video when Dave posted it last year. Such an awesome and well put together show. Names are spelt and pronounced correctly (a pet peeve on the NBCSN shows), overall just really showed Reno well. Great job Wayne!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Damn...those were the good old days! Thank you, Wayner. We all had the privilege of being part of that. Incredible lifetime memories and friends. I feel blessed.

Marc
      aka BigFoot

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        I believe I watched this video when Dave posted it last year. Such an awesome and well put together show. Names are spelt and pronounced correctly (a pet peeve on the NBCSN shows), overall just really showed Reno well. Great job Wayne!
        Thank You!!! To be honest, part of why the production company brought me in was that I knew the players by name and knew how to spell them!!

My "scenes" as were all of them except what the pilots and Kerch said in their interviews was scripted.. but, I was allowed to write my own script!!!

I TOTALLY borked the dot com segment.. when I write, I sort of have a one inch rule, jokingly described as I don't like to use the same word within an inch of where else I've used it.. in the dot com scene, all I'd have had to do was interject one of the dot com's I'm talking about to www dot.... would have broken up a very poorly done segment!

Twenty odd years later, I completely remembered doing the show, but had forgotten a lot of the details!

Doubtful that I'll ever be included in further telivised stuff at RENO, but wow... I have some really good memories doing things that were completely foreign to anything I do on a daily basis... I was NERVOUS as hell doing every scene, tried my best to hide that fact.. for some reason, even though doing it makes me extremely uncomfortable with butterflys apelenty for days on end, I am absolutely DRAWN to doing that stuff... Played in bands as a youngster, playing gigs was like a drug.. guess I never got the urge to perform out of my system

Damn, I can't believe I'm going to turn seventy in just over six months! (bday 7/23/51)

Thanks again to everyone for your support for this site... I'm just about ready to migrate to a new server.. we're going to lease the unit for TWO YEARS PREPAID!!! Thanks to you guys donations! That is TWO YEARS that I'm not going to pull two hundred bux a month out of my wallet to support this place!!!

Crap, with that savings and the savings I'm having from quitting drinking beer... prolly in excess of $500. a month in my pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice because I am a senior citizen on a fixed income... LOL!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
          Damn...those were the good old days! Thank you, Wayner. We all had the privilege of being part of that. Incredible lifetime memories and friends. I feel blessed.

Marc
          aka BigFoot
          Ain't it true! We are so lucky to have a documentary with so many great moments in it!!! Kerch, PRICELESS... Dwelle, PRICELESS, Matt Jackson, PRICELESS... Tiger and all the rest of the guys who played a part in this show... PRICELESS memories!

I don't think it was shot in HD.. What is online looks to be a vhs capture.. I'm going to endeavor to obtain a better copy and put it up on our server here... New box we're looking at moving to has a ton of RAM and SSD drives... should be noticeably faster..
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Wayback Machine: PEOPLE PASSION PISTONS & POWER

Dave! Thank you...great to see everyone. Wayner - it was (SD Mastered at the time) on my companies Canon XL1 (you can now see in online museums ; ) Then we had many other SD Cams as you all know. Dave and I had final masters with Jeff on BetaCam. It was a blessing to have met Bob Avery be asked to lead this projectr. Jeff Lee (who I brought from Austin, TX at the time) and I were just talking about digging up a copy. BTW - It aired internationally a lot. A great school-friend of mine working in Tech in Japan used to see this run quite often on sports/auto networks there - as others have mentioned other country-locations over the years. Thank you all for all that you did I was so fortunate to be a part of it. Hope everyone is staying safe. Wayne please keep up the great work - you (AAFO) is my keyboard-vacation! M

Comment

Originally posted by mitchcarley View Post
              Dave! Thank you...great to see everyone. Wayner - it was (SD Mastered at the time) on my companies Canon XL1 (you can now see in online museums ; ) Then we had many other SD Cams as you all know. Dave and I had final masters with Jeff on BetaCam. It was a blessing to have met Bob Avery be asked to lead this projectr. Jeff Lee (who I brought from Austin, TX at the time) and I were just talking about digging up a copy. BTW - It aired internationally a lot. A great school-friend of mine working in Tech in Japan used to see this run quite often on sports/auto networks there - as others have mentioned other country-locations over the years. Thank you all for all that you did I was so fortunate to be a part of it. Hope everyone is staying safe. Wayne please keep up the great work - you (AAFO) is my keyboard-vacation! M
              You know we're brothers from a different mother!!

Just got the site back up, mysql had issues, with the help of our host, I fixed it... (had to delete a bunch of log files in \var partition... top of that, I got the damn pneumonia again!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne! Great to see/read your network is up. Understood. Super sorry to read you have pneumonia, lots of bad going around here in Austin, TX. Man get well, I'm praying for you bud. I hope to spend time with you and yours in '21. Take Care...thanks for all you do and have done.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchcarley View Post
                  Wayne! Great to see/read your network is up. Understood. Super sorry to read you have pneumonia, lots of bad going around here in Austin, TX. Man get well, I'm praying for you bud. I hope to spend time with you and yours in '21. Take Care...thanks for all you do and have done.
                  This thing, as of right now, is kicking my ass real good.

Took two full courses of antiviral initially when I first got it, when it came back Friday, next morning, Linda had a full course of antibacterial it broke the fever and has kept it at bay, I am also not slinging the yellow loogies LOL...

BUT This is not the correct treatment for what I was diagnosed with, viral Pneumonia, wondering why Linda meds for completely different type of Pneumonia seems to be working.. a chat with doc would be great..

Man do I feel like I had my ass good and well kicked! The forever home we bought is a two story, last time I lived in a two story was probably six to ten years ago. I was not full time at that place, I still called the beach home. Had a condo there that was second floor walk up but... you only had to do that when coming or going. Just getting up and down here, right now, is frickin hard!

Hoping my damn doctor will call me back, I left message yesterday, and again today explaining my condition... no call back.

I think we're gonna need a new doctor!

You know we love you like a brother (probably old enough almost to be your dad??) We have had some EXELLENT ADVENTURERS I know you were always influential in including me in the process... Watching the show, it's hard to believe I'm watching myself, and the quality of what was done in post is simply wonderful... Jeff Lee... what a genius!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What a cool video! My first year going was 1999, but didn't make it in 2000. Most of the same aircraft. Brings back great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by cragdweller View Post
                      What a cool video! My first year going was 1999, but didn't make it in 2000. Most of the same aircraft. Brings back great memories.
                      Thanks, wonder if there is a way to see how many people actually saw it.
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne - praying for you recovery. I am sorry to read this and only wish the best. Agreed to all. Mitch

Comment

Working...
                        X