• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year's Eve 2021

I've been really quiet so I wanted to drop in and say

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021

Why I've been quiet...

I'm getting over a 3 month ordeal with first "walking pnumonia" which finally turned into full blown pnumonia!

Thought for sure that I had managed to get covid! I honestly thought I might not make it just before being taken to the ER in Astoria... goid folkls tested my blood, gave me an xray poked and proded for possible liver problems... in the end they found a nice blob of infection in my lower right lung... IV antibodies followed by 10 days of pills and I'm finally over the sickness but now have to recoup from fatigue, weak muscles and nearly 20lbs weight loss... (weight loss I can handle) it's strange only weighing in at 158lbs but.. I look good... LOL!!

Anyway, that's where I've been...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May all your dreams come true!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Happy New Year's Eve 2021

Glad you're on the mend, Wayne. You've not been weakened, but lightened for racing! Happy New Year...8 months and 15 days...

Comment

Yes. Lets make 2021 a better year. Glad you are on the mend. See you @ Reno in Sept.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Damn, Wayne. Sorry to hear all that but glad you're back up and at 'em. No doubt you'd have preferred Weight Watchers over this approach. Welcome back!

While not as severe as your situation I'll be going under the knife, likely in early Feb. Having bilateral knee replacement surgery. Should find out Monday if it's 03Feb or early March. Either way, has to be done and I've decided to do both at same time. Know it means a bit more difficult recovery at first (no "good" leg to stand on!) but I don't want to drag this out through the entire year by doing one at a time. All things go well, I should be 90% or so by PRS and ready to set sail on my air boss season. At least that's the plan.

Here's to a return to normal as quickly as possible. Stay safe everyone!

Keep 'em Flyin!
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
          Damn, Wayne. Sorry to hear all that but glad you're back up and at 'em. No doubt you'd have preferred Weight Watchers over this approach. Welcome back!

While not as severe as your situation I'll be going under the knife, likely in early Feb. Having bilateral knee replacement surgery. Should find out Monday if it's 03Feb or early March. Either way, has to be done and I've decided to do both at same time. Know it means a bit more difficult recovery at first (no "good" leg to stand on!) but I don't want to drag this out through the entire year by doing one at a time. All things go well, I should be 90% or so by PRS and ready to set sail on my air boss season. At least that's the plan.

Here's to a return to normal as quickly as possible. Stay safe everyone!

Keep 'em Flyin!
          OMG, I'm right there with you on the knee replacement! I actually cancelled my first surgical visit back in Novembere deciding to wait till nex spring due to feeling like $**T from the walking part of the pnumonia...

Going to do both at same time as well. I've heard fairly vehiment opinions on both not doing both and both at same time.. I've heard "I would never get both done at sime time" to "I'd never do one at a time"... LOL!

I think the procedure is so well perfected today that both is best.

I suppose a good sideline of all this is I quit being a pretty dedicated beer addict... I'd actually become a bit of a slave to the wonders of the world of hops! I"d been pretty much able to control my consumption, particularly at RENO... I have to admit.. 2011 changed my life and not in good ways. Pretty much every RENO since has seem me so damn drunk all day that I barely did the job at hand... All my on camera chit is me pretty much "happy"...

Anyway... Feels good to be in control! I actually had ONE beer last night at midnight..

Watchin' The Eagles Farewell 1 Tour on Axis with headphones on.... Gonna have to fire up that Dual Shoman and Jazz Bass one of these days... there is also a set of drums on my gonna do before I'm too old list!!!!!

"Contraband" actually played Sparks High School's homecoming around '68 '69... I remember my dad snuck in to see us play... I can still see him standing in a corner prouder than I'd ever seen him... I miss that man and so many of my older friends who have passed fairly recently... and not so recently...

I did mark this thread off topic didn't I??
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X