Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USAF Thunderbirds & F-22 Raptor @ Reno '21!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAF Thunderbirds & F-22 Raptor @ Reno '21!

Officially confirmed earlier today keep donating folks! Hopefully the F-35C can hop in on the action and round out the demo teams.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: USAF Thunderbirds & F-22 Raptor @ Reno '21!

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Officially confirmed earlier today keep donating folks! Hopefully the F-35C can hop in on the action and round out the demo teams.
    That would make a nice addtion but unfortunately not likely. USN F35C sked's due on or about 31Jan but it is 95% certain that if a show was going to get an asset for a demo, they'd have already been tapped on the shoulder.

But...stranger things have happened and there's always the chance a cancellation could pop up and we could jump in.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
      That would make a nice addtion but unfortunately not likely. USN F35C sked's due on or about 31Jan but it is 95% certain that if a show was going to get an asset for a demo, they'd have already been tapped on the shoulder.

But...stranger things have happened and there's always the chance a cancellation could pop up and we could jump in.
      I'm still curious what the USN asset distribution is going to look like in '21. This year was supposed to be a new chapter with the F-35C demo and we didn't get to experience it. I'm also still hopeful the Super Hornet TACDEMO team can be expanded as IIRC it was laid back last year and the Legacy Flights filled in the gaps. I think that had to do with VFA-122 only offering the F-35C and that hurt us western shows with VFA-106 being on the east.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        I'm still curious what the USN asset distribution is going to look like in '21. This year was supposed to be a new chapter with the F-35C demo and we didn't get to experience it. I'm also still hopeful the Super Hornet TACDEMO team can be expanded as IIRC it was laid back last year and the Legacy Flights filled in the gaps. I think that had to do with VFA-122 only offering the F-35C and that hurt us western shows with VFA-106 being on the east.
        Initially USN command had authrorized up to 40+ shows for Super Hornet and F-35. That's been scaled back in last few months to 10 possibly 12 for the Super Hornet and 4 possibly 6 for the F-35. Training, mission requirements, Wuhan and other factors were cited.

Expect USN to release skeds for both NLT 31Jan.
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
        X