A new another Wingman quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new another Wingman quiz

A friend who is researching a modelling project asked if I would take a dig into the archives for him. This is one shot I came up with. It's an interesting look at the working conditions at Reno in "the good old days". We don't need no race trailer, or canopy, or fancy rolling work stands, or even snazzy Snap-On tool boxes. Work was out in the weather -- good weather or bad. And there was a lot of bad weather at Reno back in the day...

The quiz part should be easy -- give me the aircraft race number, name, and the year this was taken. Pilot's name would be good too. Despite its appearance here, it did get to race a bit...

Neal
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wingman; 11-27-2020, 11:57 PM.

Re: A new another Wingman quiz

Race 69, Jeannie, 1980, pilot, Mac McClain. That's my guess.

Comment

Jeannie 69, 1981 Skip Holm?

Comment

Originally posted by MRE View Post
        Race 69, Jeannie, 1980, pilot, Mac McClain. That's my guess.
        Right on! To expound on that, the photo is from earlier on in the week. Maybe right after arrival? The panels were polished out later on in the week. Its amazing that it went from laying in a cornfield to gold champion in 10 days. A testament to a dedicated group of people, an awesome pilot and deep pockets no doubt.

That's an awesome shot Neal, thanks!

Comment

MRE and Connor have it. A couple more from the beginning of the week, and one from a few days later.

That was a remarkable week...
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X