Thanks Everyone For Playing In This Playground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Everyone For Playing In This Playground

It's been almost hard to keep up with the new messages and I wanted to thank those of you who keep this place alive with your participation!

Really quality content being posted here! Ad revenue is up making even easier to keep 'er open!

We might have a bit of downtime coming up here soon, I've simply GOT to get the server migrated to a different datacenter or, at least, a new box at the farm we're in now (Texas). Place was originally called RackShack and it brought the cost of having a dedicated server down to the level that I could even consider doing it way back when... it's changed hands a few times and is now an IBM "CLOUD" datacenter.. and nothing with IBM on its logo is cheap!!

Current server base Linux version is EOL at end of month... server will not automatically die but we GOTTA MOVE!

Again thank you all for your participation here, between the ad rev and your generous donations, we're gonna be able to, at least, do a one year lease, one time, much cheaper payment than monthly! Have not checked the donations lately, I am not getting my email notifications like I once did... but we're close to having enough for a TWO year lease!!!!!!!

I'm on social security and raiding my pension as it is to live... not having to pay the server bill out of pocket is going to be SUPER!

THANK YOU
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Thanks Everyone For Playing In This Playground

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    It's been almost hard to keep up with the new messages and I wanted to thank those of you who keep this place alive with your participation!

Really quality content being posted here! Ad revenue is up making even easier to keep 'er open!

We might have a bit of downtime coming up here soon, I've simply GOT to get the server migrated to a different datacenter or, at least, a new box at the farm we're in now (Texas). Place was originally called RackShack and it brought the cost of having a dedicated server down to the level that I could even consider doing it way back when... it's changed hands a few times and is now an IBM "CLOUD" datacenter.. and nothing with IBM on its logo is cheap!!

Current server base Linux version is EOL at end of month... server will not automatically die but we GOTTA MOVE!

Again thank you all for your participation here, between the ad rev and your generous donations, we're gonna be able to, at least, do a one year lease, one time, much cheaper payment than monthly! Have not checked the donations lately, I am not getting my email notifications like I once did... but we're close to having enough for a TWO year lease!!!!!!!

I'm on social security and raiding my pension as it is to live... not having to pay the server bill out of pocket is going to be SUPER!

THANK YOU
    Thank YOU, Wayne! Know it's a labor of love for you...mostly! ;-) We appreciate having a playground to play in!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
    X