Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camping At The Reno Air Races: After Hours - Post Your Experience

Thank you Owen and Bob!

Bob, I'd love to scan, digitize your work and show them here... possible??

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That would be EXTREMELY cool!
      I've seen some of Bob's photos. If you ever want to spend a thoroughly enjoyable hour or so, corral Bob at the races (or let him corral you, he loves this stuff). You will learn more than you thought possible about Air Racing's past.
      You need to do a book Bob!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
        That would be EXTREMELY cool!
        I've seen some of Bob's photos. If you ever want to spend a thoroughly enjoyable hour or so, corral Bob at the races (or let him corral you, he loves this stuff). You will learn more than you thought possible about Air Racing's past.
        You need to do a book Bob!
        I don't know what limits Bob has for display rights for his works, I would pledge to ensure that his efforts would aim toward such a book!

I gotta talk with Bob to get deeper into this!

Preserving the history that is in Bob's mental and physical possession is paramount to the preservation of the history of air racing!!

So, Bob... you opened a can'o-worms here!

We're HUNGRY for history, you are almost certainly uniquie in your experiences, at least as it relates to today..

The distinct possiblity that the historys that we share here now from past years, could be the last are entirely real!

The realestate at Reno Stead is amazingly valuable and available, might have been mentioned here, major cargo carrier looking seriously at our airport as major hub...

Off to bed, might be remembering bad dreams...

Lots of stuff I'll be dreaming about tonight, along with the rest of the world!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Although they talk about it a lot, development of the airport itself (the infield) has not moved into any form of plan that I have seen (and I see most development in the greater Reno area). I would be more worried of encroachment from AROUND it. Especially under the "chute" it is getting dense and at some point these people will whine about safety and noise. Never seen an airport yet that didn't have this issue.

I would be more than happy to help Bob in any way put this information together.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
          X