The Knee Thread Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Knee Thread Revisited

Rather than digging and finding the original thread, I'm going to cheat because I frickin' hurt!

I believe the injection we were talking about was Synvisic? A couple of you guys offered ways to get it cheaper, I think!

With the new house, and my new knee issue, I've got to do something that will get me through the next few months, then get knee surgery, or maybe more gel injections..

Anyway, Airboss, you had some good ideas I've got to do this NOW, like next week if possible!

I've become a terrible grouch, my thinking is all of kilter because I'm judging what I do next on how much it will hurt!

Awfull!

Any help advice appreciated..

Recapping: Bone on bone knee on left side, previous torn meniscus surgery, right knee, not as bad. Current situation is that I've managed to bork the right knee, worse than the left. From previous experience with left knee tear, if feels like I've torn what is left of the cartilage on the right knee. They gave me a steroid shot, but on wrong side of knee, have to wait because of limitations of that type of shot.

Anyway, that's where I sit, and I mean SIT.. I am feeling very much disabled and I don't like it!!!

HELP!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: The Knee Thread Revisited

Wayne,
    Have you looked into Hyaluronic Acid injections? I'm due for bilateral knee replacement when I can no longer tolerate my stubbornness. My Orthopedic surgeon administered a series of 3 injections into each knee 16 months ago. I work on my feet daily and I've been nothing but happy and relieved.

Comment

Originally posted by av8rnid View Post
      Wayne,
      Have you looked into Hyaluronic Acid injections? I'm due for bilateral knee replacement when I can no longer tolerate my stubbornness. My Orthopedic surgeon administered a series of 3 injections into each knee 16 months ago. I work on my feet daily and I've been nothing but happy and relieved.
      I have not, but I did see it during my research for the Synthroid stuff.

I really need to get a different opinion on whether just a orthoscopic snip to remove loose cartilage is possible. The PA that does my Steroid injections told me there was not enough left to have any effect removing anything. But, having experienced torn cartilage in the other knee years ago, it sure feels a lot like that!

A friend loaned me some DMSO, tried it tonight, seems to be helping, but then, it could be the pain pill that I was given, or the beers that I'm drinking...

WHATEVER!

I hope I can duplicate this level of comfort tomorrow!!

Sorry for all the whining! I'm just frickin' depressed at all this chit!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne, have you tried CBD, either ingesting or topical?
        After my back surgery I had a lot of muscle pain and nerve pain, and a topical really helped and allowed me to soldier through and work.
        After a while i went to a gummi and now use it whenever the pain gets strong. There is nothing psychoactive in it so no "high" and it works for pain and relaxing. Has allowed me to quit drinking also.
        I am going to have this pain for the rest of my life so anything is a help.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Knee stuff really do hurt...and immobilizes you pretty good.

I had a knee pain as I did some cycling and had managed to get the chain wrong after clean up ( never done that before ).

Any way it was sore for a long time and then in the winter while throwing a frisbee it hurt really bad so that I went to deck...I had no idea how to get out from the field first.

If it does not get any better by lotsa rest first and swimming etc then it really needs surgery.

Comment

My wife would recommend the topical CBD. She has Bursa pain in her hips and it helps her. She tried the oil and she didn't get the results that the topical is giving her.

Comment

Originally posted by JMS View Post
              My wife would recommend the topical CBD. She has Bursa pain in her hips and it helps her. She tried the oil and she didn't get the results that the topical is giving her.
              Unfortunately, it's way beyond anything topical, I've tried CBD ointment, Blue Emu, a bunch of others, DMSO seems to help!

What has really helped me over the past two days is the "Medicare Knee Brace" that they sent a rep to fit me with.. It chafes the hell out of my leg above and below the knee, so I've neglected to wear it...

Wearing it REALLY helps, it stabilizes the joint and decreases a lot of the pain.

Good news is, at 11:30 tomorrow, I get to see one of the Doctors who treat the Portland Trailblazers! It's preliminary to getting the Synvisc gel injection! You have to see them first, they don't "stock" it on premises, so have to evaluate, order, then inject.

Also good news, it's covered by Medicare!!

Wish me luck! Two hour drive to Vancouver from just above tsunami zone between Seaside and Astoria LOL!!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X