Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Software: Is everything working well for everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Software: Is everything working well for everyone?

I made a HUGE change to our firewall settings which has virtually shut down all spam to the server...

What I'm afraid of, have I blocked any of you ??

If you notice anything wrong, PLEASE click on the contact link and let me know what you see!

PS
    This is all part of the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA block campaign that I've taken on over the past 36 hours..

I'm sick ofv having this site and this server be under CONSTANT attack from "there"....

"I don't know why they would"

Yea...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Site Software: Is everything working well for everyone?

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    I made a HUGE change to our firewall settings which has virtually shut down all spam to the server...

What I'm afraid of, have I blocked any of you ??

If you notice anything wrong, PLEASE click on the contact link and let me know what you see!

PS
    This is all part of the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA block campaign that I've taken on over the past 36 hours..

I'm sick ofv having this site and this server be under CONSTANT attack from "there"....

"I don't know why they would"

Yea...
    All good here...so far!

And F the Russians!!!!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Looks good to me.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
        All good here...so far!

And F the Russians!!!!
        No $hit! Brings back a fond memory. Back when I worked for a living, I was "manager" of a local (Portland) long time family owned roofing delivery service.. I had a LOT of face to face contact with the will call end of the business.

This was in the 90's, there were a LOT of soviet era immegrents in the roofing industry. I really liked their jovial attitude and attemped to learn some of the language.

So, it all sounds the same to me... Ukranian, Russian... WTF do I know!

Couple guys I dealt with all the time came in and I spoke something in Russian to them.. One of them looks me up and down for a few seconds and throws his head back and says: "I'm Ukrainian, F U C K the RUSSIANS"..

Looks like the Ukrainians don't have a lot of love for the Russians... wonder why..
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

As a PS to all this, I have to tell you that it's absolutely amazing the amount of $hit that is thrown at any given IP address at any given time. I'm not sure if your home computer gets it, but with what I've had this site and the few others who trust me to take care of them living on is as I've said a hundred times, a "dedicated server". Truly all this is, is a computer, sitting on a rack in a datacenter, hooked to the biggest Internet pipe that we can afford..

All that potential bandwidth, makes any machine like ours a huge target to any faction that wishes to take control and use that bandwidth, i.e. doorway onto the net for their wishes.

In this current quest to stop the barrage against my box (in a datacenter in TX) I was made aware of just how many continious attempts at every port, directory, fake username.. join any message board, fill out email forms.. you name it, amazing how much of it there actually is!

For the amount of attempts that we have, if we had a lot of websites on this server, I'd have to have a "hardware firewall" Because we have ample internal resources.... anyway... we're gettin' it done!

I'm going to have to keep an eye on things, I've had to limit access from a lot of countries, I hate to localize because our sport is global, but I've got to be able to keep the server functioning and if it takes blocking some of the world.. I hope I get away with doing it... (does not bother heritage cup site)
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X