• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Reno Air Races

and more

Comment

and more

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-18-2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

the last

Comment

Nice work dawg. Thanks for the update. Any idea of any flying tomorrow? I’m definitely headed out.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
            Nice work dawg. Thanks for the update. Any idea of any flying tomorrow? I’m definitely headed out.
            Thank you young man.

Sitting here wondering why I post here? So many people just come here and get a quick look, no effort to say thanks or engage in our favorite subject - Air racing.

A lot of great contributors have left, wonder why?

Theres great knowledge and photos that could be shared with the Hangertalk forum.

Get involved folks, no sense you keeping all your photos and stories to yourself, share!

Lockhead Bob thanks for being here.

We're not getting any younger and before we know we will be gone. What will happen to your photos in the drawer (or old computers/harddrives), a lot of today's snowflakes will probably just discard grandpa's old stuff!

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-19-2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Are there really Sea Fury's on the ramp?! That is awesome!!!!
              Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                <snip>A lot of great contributors have left, wonder why?</snip>
                Ouch Dawggie!
                I hope is not due to my somewhat heavy handed "rule" over this forum!

I truly do strive to keep it free and open!!

I've always attributed the loss of participants to the same things that happen in all of our lives.. life happens, we get busy and lose interest, or lost the interest in active participation..

.. Anyway!!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Adding to my previous response.. Dawg, you, FenceLiner, Leo and a few others who are "down there" truly are a huge part of what

MAKES THIS SITE WHAT IT IS

Whenever anything happens, one of you is there!

Probably makes you guys and AAFO the best source of what's going on at SteadAFB Home of the Reno National Championship Air Races..

Typing that reminded me... I actually lived down there when Stead was actually an AFB!!!

Went to my first air show there.. F-86's is what I remember they were flying out of there.. Anyone have records of what military shows took place at Stead, say about... 1958 - 1960? or so??

I remember my mom getting pissed because some of the jets on the static flightline started up as the crowd was leaving... I thought it was pretty cool!!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi all! My husband and I will be at stead this morning. If you’re there and see a bright orange Nissan Rogue, come say hi!

This would have been my husband’s 45th air races. There are few things in this life that he loves more than air racing. We made the 200+ mile journey to Reno because we couldn’t not be here, even if the racers weren’t.

We were sad that the Sanders aircraft took off before we got here yesterday! We hat was so cool that they showed up though!

Thanks for having such an awesome site where like-minded people can come and share their love if this sport!

Comment

Originally posted by rmcintire View Post
                      Hi all! My husband and I will be at stead this morning. If you’re there and see a bright orange Nissan Rogue, come say hi!

This would have been my husband’s 45th air races. There are few things in this life that he loves more than air racing. We made the 200+ mile journey to Reno because we couldn’t not be here, even if the racers weren’t.

We were sad that the Sanders aircraft took off before we got here yesterday! We hat was so cool that they showed up though!

Thanks for having such an awesome site where like-minded people can come and share their love if this sport!
                      Since the skies have cleared Stead was pretty busy with flyers just wanting to get out. I would imagine today will be the same. Just being there is cool. I found one of the gates to the stands open on the front side, it was cool to just go up and sit for a while and take the emptiness in.

Comment

Originally posted by rmcintire View Post

Had I not just bought a new house and then wrecked my right knee, I too was planning on a short trip down to be there. I've only missed one race since 1997 and that was totally out of my control as I had to be in Portland to receive my daily dose of radiation... yech!!!!!!!!!!!

You YOU the fans are what keep this sport going.. I'm not sure exactly how or it happens but this sport truly does get into your blood!

Thank you for sharing!!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

We are here, manning our usual spot on Lemmon Drive next to the transformer station.

Comment

HELP PRESERVE THE LEGACY After the heartache of canceling the 2020 National Championship Air Races due to COVID-19 we are determined to bring the world’s fastest motorsport back to the high desert of Northern Nevada in 2021, but it won’t be possible without additional sup...

Seems covid messed up RARA's finances than we had initially realized...

$101,514 of $500,000 when I donated.
                            The simple math is that if everyone who liked RARA's fb page (53,828) gave $10 they would reach their goal.
                            "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Up to $121,554

New article in Forbes
                              The historic Reno National Championship Air Races in Reno, Nevada are asking for $500,000 in donations by year’s end to save the event which has run every year since 1964. If the funds cannot be raised, the Races may cease forever.
                              "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

.5 Million... wow.. that's a lot more than we're going to generate here LOL!!

.5 Million to someone who wants to promote something really cool and use the Air Races as their THEIR signature event... chump change!!

Elon... here's your chance!!!!!!!

The TESLA RENO INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AIR RACES.....

I could dig it!

Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X