Happy Birthday Kerch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Kerch

Happy Birthday Kerch. Even as you are gone you contributed so much to Air Racing over the years. Thanks.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Happy Birthday Kerch

Bob,

True words and great thoughts. Kerch was one of finest people I ever had the pleasure of meeting in the air racing community. He was an incredible crew chief...and a more incredible human being. I never worked with him. Competed against him. And I respected him as much as anybody I met in air racing. No matter how stressed out he was with whatever was going on that week+ he always had that infectious smile and positive attitude. I miss him a lot. But my memories of him are forever special.

Thank you for honoring him and remembering his birthday.

BigFoot

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
      Bob,

Thank you for honoring him and remembering his birthday.

BigFoot
      Yes, thank you Bob for remembering these special days.

Words of wisdom from one of the great ones.

Comment

I never knew either of those men, but there is a lot going on in that picture. What a great image!
        It conveys a lot about the sport. Comaraderie, sharing of knowledge, mutual respect...

GP

Comment

Bob,
          Thanks for the reminder of this day.

To me, Kerch seemed like the Bob Hoover of the warbird ramp in many ways. A master of his craft who set the bar just beyond every other man's reach...for good reason.
          Attached Files
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

...not to mention, helluva nice guy. I first got to talk to him when he was wrenching on Sept Fury. After that he would always say hi and bs for a minute. I miss that guy for sure.
            Attached Files
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Kerch not only contributed to the world of air racing, he was, a true friend to those who knew him!

I'm kind of a "drunk" and I could call Kerch any time of day or night and he would always have time, sometimes, lots of it, to talk to me!

Special is too tame a word to describe who "Kerch" was!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X