Belated Happy Birthday to Clay Lacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated Happy Birthday to Clay Lacy

Clay Lacy who flew "Snoopy" in the Purple P51 had a 88th birthday on Aug. 14. I know he is not on this web but I thought he should be Honored here. If you look up his life there isn't much he hasn't done in aviation with more than 50,00 hours of flying time.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Belated Happy Birthday to Clay Lacy

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    Clay Lacy who flew "Snoopy" in the Purple P51 had a 88th birthday on Aug. 14. I know he is not on this web but I thought he should be Honored here. If you look up his life there isn't much he hasn't done in aviation with more than 50,00 hours of flying time.
    LB,
    Thanks for bring this up here. The man is a legend. Full stop. Had the opportunity to air boss a few shows with him in the past. Treated me with respect and was an obvious rock star in the room and a mentor of the highest order.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Lacy. And thank you...for all you did to inspire all of us.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
      LB,
      Thanks for bring this up here. The man is a legend. Full stop. Had the opportunity to air boss a few shows with him in the past. Treated me with respect and was an obvious rock star in the room and a mentor of the highest order.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Lacy. And thank you...for all you did to inspire all of us.
      I've worked for Clay in the past, he always treated me pretty well. One thing you did not want have happen is you might be working on one of the Lears he owned and he'd come over and ask what you were doing, you might respond that you're checking cable tensions on the rudder. This was a critical moment for more than a couple of mechanics, he would then ask "Why?", if you said "Because someone told me to.", that might be your last day, if you said "Because the pilots wrote up a minor Dutch roll" he might smile and talk **** about the pilots. He always treated me with respect, he suffers no fools. Happy birthday Clay.
      Last edited by knot4u; 08-17-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Duplicate
        Last edited by knot4u; 08-17-2020, 04:32 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Comment

Happy Birthday young man.

Thank you for a lifetime of memories.

Comment

Working...
          X