Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MARK KALLIO

Originally posted by speeddemon
    Whoa, Mark....that's probably almost too good of an offer to turn down. It's the stuff fairy tales are made of.
    I say, we get a bunch of us together.. oh... say about a hundred.. charter a flight and head ourselves up there for this party! Bout then Juke would be thinkin'

Just kiddin Juke!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Mark Kaillo

To be totally honest, I'm not much of a drinking man. Two beers and I'm three sheets to the wind. LOL But I have been known to share a brew after a day out at Reno... in fact it's damn refreshing after a tuff day out on the ramp.

Hopefully we can all get together this year at Reno. Can't make any promises this time (don't even know if I can get the time off work) but I'm gonna try like hell to make it for a day or three. We'll have to wait and see.
      Mark K....

Comment

"in fact it's damn refreshing after a tuff day out on the ramp."

amen brother.

looking forward to seein' ya bro.
        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Well guys !

I could ask my friends that accodate you all ( 100 ) to a mountain region 300 km north from where I live.

Rockstar Madonna and soccer player David Beckham also prefer that area. Funny it's name refers to a famous jean manufacturer ( Levi ).

Mark we don't have to all at the same time ( drinking and flying R/C kites ).

Several Russian businessmen also owns cottages there. Slalom women Eurocup was held there a few weeks ago.

I remember a time when that was still wilderness and my daddy took a family there to crosscountry ski and for some suntanning. One of our friend had the only small motel over there.

Slopesoaring could also be possible ( R/C ).

Some very fabulous logcabins can be found there..Crazy Reindeer is the most popular nitelife joint. Incredible shows and attractions.

An airfield is close by too and charter flights do take place 757 / Airbus fleets from all over the world. Mitsubishi Diamonds and Cessna Citations are a common sight there too.

Seriously don't come all at once. Being an architect in Finland is not that profitable.

How to get there:

http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

hey juke, the places that those russians own aren't cottages, they're staging areas for their invasion, hehehe.
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

I thought the Russians were going to invade Canada...not Scandanavia.

Comment

I thought the Russians were going to invade Canada...not Scandanavia.
                No way Man.... haven't you heard.... ????? Canada has been planning on invading us for YEARS!

In a few years, we'll all be saying what's it all aboot if we don't do something NOW!!!!!!

ya gotta read between the lines man... it's all a plot.. a HUGE plot..

BACK... BACK I say....... Stay BACK!!!!!!!

Whoah!!!!.... WTF... I just woke up and I was sitting at my computer typing away....

Musta been a dream!!!!

we Canada!!!!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  No way Man.... haven't you heard.... ????? Canada has been planning on invading us for YEARS!

Wayne

Hmmmm.....Is this why Ike Enns has the Mustang registered in Canada? A 'sneak' first strike?

Comment

Hmmmm.....Is this why Ike Enns has the Mustang registered in Canada? A 'sneak' first strike?
                    Dunno Speed... you could be onto something here...

Ya'know... we have a covert "agent" up there who posts on this board... maybe we can get him to speak to the issue.... aahh..... win***n (that's coded so's nobody will know who I'm talking about!)

Any info to share on this ??

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

In a few years, we'll all be saying what's it all aboot if we don't do something NOW!!!!!!

ya gotta read between the lines man... it's all a plot.. a HUGE plot..

************************************************** ***'
                      Planning on invading, eh?? I think you've been sleeping at the computer far longer than you think. I think we're already there eh? I think we're all aboot.
                      PS we have better beer

Comment

Russian Invasion/Canada

......they are coming in non delivered (to Russia) P-39's...
                        stashed scince lend-lease times...........

.........using hockey players as special forces (already trained to fight !)

....so don't call me hose-head in church eh ?.....

.......just fun....I did a year of high school in Winsor,Ontario
                        Mayday51
                        Jim Gallagher

Comment

Re: Russian Invasion/Canada

Originally posted by mayday51
                          ......they are coming in non delivered (to Russia) P-39's...
                          stashed scince lend-lease times...........

.........using hockey players as special forces (already trained to fight !)

....so don't call me hose-head in church eh ?.....

.......just fun....I did a year of high school in Winsor,Ontario
                          Did you ever attend the Windsor "ballet?"
                          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Hello !

Wasn't it Mark Kallio who came up with a story of the Miss Ashley II:s new arrangement for the prop pitch control auxiliary power unit ? I recall normally a Mustang uses the engine power to operate the pitch of the prop. Now when in engine out situation it goes to flat pitch...to avoid this Miss Ashley II had an auxiliary power unit to regulate the pitch in all situation. Was this system proved to be trustworthy in all situations ?

Is that story somewhere in the net for folks to see. I think it was very interesting.

best regards,

Juke T
                            http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Juke
                              Hello !

Wasn't it Mark Kallio who came up with a story of the Miss Ashley II:s new arrangement for the prop pitch control auxiliary power unit ? I recall normally a Mustang uses the engine power to operate the pitch of the prop. Now when in engine out situation it goes to flat pitch...to avoid this Miss Ashley II had an auxiliary power unit to regulate the pitch in all situation. Was this system proved to be trustworthy in all situations ?

Is that story somewhere in the net for folks to see. I think it was very interesting.
                              Juke, you are correct, Miss Ashley did have an emergency system that used a separate power source to help ensure that the blades did not go into flat pitch in the case of engine failure. According to Bill Rogers, it had enough power to give them two full cycles of the prop using it.

I don't remember if it's mentioned in any of the articles we featured about the airplane on this site but a search via the box on the main page of the site should yeild a "few" minutes of reading on the airplane. We (Mark and I) were lucky enough to be the "first" to report on this airplane waaaay back when we were even luckier to get first photos from a reader who just happened to be out at the field during some taxi testing.

To say that the story opened some doors would be an understatement!

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

At least that way they could have avoided the fatal flaw in the RB.
                                I remember that sound when the props went flat. Eerie. And I'm sure Steve did'nt like it much.

leo
                                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                                X