Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 455

Thread: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

  1. #411

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    Can you post a picture of the prop in the Sanders hangar? If it's there it would be odd, but it has to be somewhere because it's not on the airplane anymore. Didn't the Sanders somehow get involved in the Cornell/Jackson American Spirit project at some point? I know Dave was planning on using a C-130A Aeroproducts prop, it would have three blades and be about the same size, maybe that's what's hanging on the wall. The Bearcat three blade is instantly recognizable to anyone who spent any time around it. A picture would really help.
    I've been looking for the video with it in the background. I think it was done about 2018, possibly when September Fury was taken there. It was a pan across the hanger, and there was a big polished and white 3 blade with a wide cord and rounded tips, hanging on the wall. I ran this past a couple other people who vaguely remember the video as well. I think it might have been on the old Sanders website, but its not on the new one. I remember thinking "What the hell is that doing there?"

    I guess there is a possibility that the video was actually at Ezell's and there was someone's Sea Fury in the pic making me think of Sanders . (Apparently a more likely scenario.) Still, I remember thinking "why is that there" It doesn't belong "There" wherever there was. (Leading me to think it wasn't at Ezell's because that would make sense).

    Will

  2. #412

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I've been looking for the video with it in the background. I think it was done about 2018, possibly when September Fury was taken there. It was a pan across the hanger, and there was a big polished and white 3 blade with a wide cord and rounded tips, hanging on the wall. I ran this past a couple other people who vaguely remember the video as well. I think it might have been on the old Sanders website, but its not on the new one. I remember thinking "What the hell is that doing there?"

    I guess there is a possibility that the video was actually at Ezell's and there was someone's Sea Fury in the pic making me think of Sanders . (Apparently a more likely scenario.) Still, I remember thinking "why is that there" It doesn't belong "There" wherever there was. (Leading me to think it wasn't at Ezell's because that would make sense).

    Will
    The only place I can think of it being is Rod Lewis's hangar, that's the only thing that makes any sense.

  3. #413

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I've been looking for the video with it in the background. I think it was done about 2018, possibly when September Fury was taken there. It was a pan across the hanger, and there was a big polished and white 3 blade with a wide cord and rounded tips, hanging on the wall. I ran this past a couple other people who vaguely remember the video as well. I think it might have been on the old Sanders website, but its not on the new one. I remember thinking "What the hell is that doing there?"

    I guess there is a possibility that the video was actually at Ezell's and there was someone's Sea Fury in the pic making me think of Sanders . (Apparently a more likely scenario.) Still, I remember thinking "why is that there" It doesn't belong "There" wherever there was. (Leading me to think it wasn't at Ezell's because that would make sense).

    Will
    Could it have been at Aviation Classics hangar? The Bearcat and 232 were stored there for a while.

  4. #414

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    Could it have been at Aviation Classics hangar? The Bearcat and 232 were stored there for a while.
    Nope, again, that would have made sense. It was somewhere that it really didn't belong, hence the reason I remember it.

    Will

  5. #415

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Nope, again, that would have made sense. It was somewhere that it really didn't belong, hence the reason I remember it.

    Will
    It's a mystery, we all know it exists and we all know it's the only one. We don't know where it is. It will surface eventually.

  6. #416

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    It's a mystery, we all know it exists and we all know it's the only one. We don't know where it is. It will surface eventually.
    I'm pretty sure its now at Ezell's. The pic I remember seeing was not. I just don't know where that somewhere else was. I wish I could find the video again, but its not that big of a deal.

    Will

  7. #417

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I'm pretty sure its now at Ezell's. The pic I remember seeing was not. I just don't know where that somewhere else was. I wish I could find the video again, but its not that big of a deal.

    Will
    I disagree about that particular propeller being "not that big of a deal".

  8. #418

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    I disagree about that particular propeller being "not that big of a deal".
    And tomorrow I will share how big of a deal, recent questions have me in long put away boxes looking for information.
    John Slack

  9. #419
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Canadian Rockies
    Posts
    2,473

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    I don't think Will was referring to "this prop" as much as to the mystery of the prop in the video he remembered.

    Neal

  10. #420

    Default Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    I don't think Will was referring to "this prop" as much as to the mystery of the prop in the video he remembered.

    Neal
    I agree. But for anyone interested in Unlimited air racer history it's a pretty important piece. In my humble, unsolicited and valueless opinion it should be preserved and at least follow the airplane wherever it ends up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •