http://airbossone.com/

Comment

• Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
      Splendid shot!
      X2 - the reflection is perfect.

Comment

Thank you. Reflections are cool, and that smooth Sport Class surface is great for this stuff.
        Attached Files

Comment

One of the things I'm most thankful for is the access that being associated with AAFO.COM has given me over the years. I just happened on a folder of photos that I believe I took specifically to present to Air and Space Smithsonian from the shooting of Thunder over Reno (the movie)

I have one that is truly a treasure to me.. It's of Lyle Shelton sitting in the airplane that he'd allowed someone else to fly (Ron Buccarelli) we asked him for a "pose" and, as always, Lyle was game! Guys like Lyle, Jimmy, Tiger... a bunch of guys really opened doors for me during the time that AAFO.COM was very active (meaning, I didn't hurt all the time and had energy to pursue the story!!)

I don't know if we'll ever see anyone with more balls than the guy in this photo! I can only imagine what it must have been like pushing Rare Bear so far beyond realistic limits, not to mention, around a bunch of other airplanes at 50' over the deck at the Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show!!!!!
          Attached Files
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Just realized after it took me nearly 20 minutes to figure out how to size and brand the photo in order to upload it... I learned Photoshop and later did pretty well with CS2 (what I used today) I have just about forgotten EVERYTHING that I know regarding making and maintaining a website!!!

I can't even do the simplest tasks in Photoshop! Well, obviously, I can but, it used to be soooooo easy, second nature and I had batch files that would do a whole folder (branding and such) with my settings.... I guess I just remembered that, so maybe with practice???????

I have a lot of early demntia symptoms... mostly, memory loss! SUCKS!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              One of the things I'm most thankful for is the access that being associated with AAFO.COM has given me over the years. I just happened on a folder of photos that I believe I took specifically to present to Air and Space Smithsonian from the shooting of Thunder over Reno (the movie)

I have one that is truly a treasure to me.. It's of Lyle Shelton sitting in the airplane that he'd allowed someone else to fly (Ron Buccarelli) we asked him for a "pose" and, as always, Lyle was game! Guys like Lyle, Jimmy, Tiger... a bunch of guys really opened doors for me during the time that AAFO.COM was very active (meaning, I didn't hurt all the time and had energy to pursue the story!!)

I don't know if we'll ever see anyone with more balls than the guy in this photo! I can only imagine what it must have been like pushing Rare Bear so far beyond realistic limits, not to mention, around a bunch of other airplanes at 50' over the deck at the Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show!!!!!
              Lyle was very approachable. Our sport needs more guys like him.

Thanks for sharing young man.

Comment

Just realized after it took me nearly 20 minutes to figure out how to size and brand the photo in order to upload it... I learned Photoshop and later did pretty well with CS2 (what I used today) I have just about forgotten EVERYTHING that I know regarding making and maintaining a website!!!

I can't even do the simplest tasks in Photoshop! Well, obviously, I can but, it used to be soooooo easy, second nature and I had batch files that would do a whole folder (branding and such) with my settings.... I guess I just remembered that, so maybe with practice???????

I have a lot of early demntia symptoms... mostly, memory loss! SUCKS!
                The most important old age attribute to retain is, opening a beer bottle and wiping your own butt. After that I can go with the flow

All my home media is Mac based, movies, home videos, music and photos. To share photos from Photos I export JPEG Quality - High and Size is - Large.

When I used Photoshop 1000 x 1000 size worked well.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                  The most important old age attribute to retain is, opening a beer bottle and wiping your own butt. After that I can go with the flow

All my home media is Mac based, movies, home videos, music and photos. To share photos from Photos I export JPEG Quality - High and Size is - Large.

When I used Photoshop 1000 x 1000 size worked well.

Hope this helps.

Dawgie, the only thing that's going help me is, first, getting ALL of my dispersed hard drives (kind of behind on the move and was not really in that good of shape to start as far as drive organization I'm farked!! LOL

I guess we're not completely off topic and if anyone wants me to move this exchange to a sub section... lemme know! I don't want to distract from the theme of the thread... though, once I get all this done, I'll be contributing as well!!

Anyway, we are now at about a hundred and a half for a 1tb external SSD drive, my plan is to dig up my immensely heavy five mechanical drive (full size drives) array that I used to lug around with me so I had access to archives, should I need them, and transfer copies of everything I've ever saved, on every single stupid drive (I have far too many in boxes that I can not remember what is on them) deep breath... anyway...

That's the plan.

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

So this was big time Air Racing. A two time world champion Racer (and finished first in a third), a bunch of young guys, and a dilapidated ex-WWII airfield.

I wonder what Robbie is saying, that has everyone's attention.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I Want To Play!: One Of My Favorite Racers Of All Time, Dave Morss!

I truly can not imagine a RENO without a meeting greeting with Dave Morss!

What a Bulldog!

He's just ALWAYS there, flying SOMETHING I would say chasing the trophy, or the prize money but that's not what drives Dave, like every other racer at RENO, he is there to fly whatever he's flying, as fast as anyone possibly can fly it...

THAT is what RENO is about!

Thanks Dave!!!
                      Attached Files
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Always one of the great all time race projects. What a good looking racer.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Re: I Want To Play!: One Of My Favorite Racers Of All Time, Dave Morss!

I truly can not imagine a RENO without a meeting greeting with Dave Morss!

What a Bulldog!

He's just ALWAYS there, flying SOMETHING I would say chasing the trophy, or the prize money but that's not what drives Dave, like every other racer at RENO, he is there to fly whatever he's flying, as fast as anyone possibly can fly it...

THAT is what RENO is about!

Thanks Dave!!!
                          this year mkes the first sept since 1980 that i havevnt gone around a pylon but i still log on aafo every morn
                          its addicting
                          dave
                          www.davemorss.com

Comment

Nice view on the ramp, close to the action.

Comment

• Re: I Want To Play!: One Of My Favorite Racers Of All Time, Dave Morss!

Originally posted by morss View Post
                              this year mkes the first sept since 1980 that i havevnt gone around a pylon but i still log on aafo every morn
                              its addicting
                              dave
                              Very happy to see that you're still here keeping an eye on us Dave!! Thank you!!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

2018 Sport Class Pits

Comment

Working...
                                X