• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Random Shot Of The Day - Part 2

Meet you at the shady spot - Betty's Dream

Comment

Team Voodoo Race 5

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-07-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Such an awesome evening to be on the ramp.

Will

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
            Such an awesome evening to be on the ramp.

Will
            Nicely done! Congrats, Will. Good work, indeed.
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Early report Reno Air Races 2021 - Bleachers going up .

Comment

Good work all! I am especially fascinated with natural phenonium photos! Lightning is particularly interesting since is it such a powerful event!

Electricity, in itself, fascinates me!!

Anyway, again, some absolutely wonderful shots from everyone!

MANY THANKS TO ALL FOR HELPING KEEP THIS SITE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY AIR RACING IN FOCUS IN FRONT OF OUR EYES TWENTY FOUR SEVEN!!!!!!!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

2013 Heritage Display

Comment

Hangars at Reno can be the scene of cramped quarters and thrashing...or the melancholy of Monday afternoon.
                    Attached Files
                    Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
                      Hangars at Reno can be the scene of cramped quarters and thrashing...or the melancholy of Monday afternoon.
                      Its home sweet home for a week. Can you pass me the peanuts please?

Comment

Great place to bring the family together.

Just imagine the smile on these kids faces when they return to school on Monday - what did you do this weekend

Comment

It's absolutely vital that we get kids involved in this event. Not doing so starts the clock that will chime out sooner than later. My grandmother started taking me to Reno in 1969, when I was 4 years old. Both of my daughters started going when they were small, and my oldest grandson has been there every year of his life thus far.
                          This image is from several years ago. My youngest daughter and my nephew went with me to PRS for a day, and we had a great time. His favorite aircraft was The Bear, and when we saw it being pushed out of the hangar he asked if we could go up and have a look. Not only did we do that, but he was given permission from the crew to take some close-up pics and to even grab a rag and wipe some oil off of the cowling. It made his entire day, and he talked about it for a very long time. We lost him to a drunk driver 4 years ago this month, and seeing his huge grin in this pic puts a lump in my throat. I miss him terribly.

Last edited by Bigger Al; 08-09-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al View Post
                            It's absolutely vital that we get kids involved in this event. Not doing so starts the clock that will chime out sooner than later. My grandmother started taking me to Reno in 1969, when I was 4 years old. Both of my daughters started going when they were small, and my oldest grandson has been there every year of his life thus far.
                            This image is from several years ago. My youngest daughter and my nephew went with me to PRS for a day, and we had a great time. His favorite aircraft was The Bear, and when we saw it being pushed out of the hangar he asked if we could go up and have a look. Not only did we do that, but he was given permission from the crew to take some close-up pics and to even grab a rag and wipe some oil off of the cowling. It made his entire day, and he talked about it for a very long time. We lost him to a drunk driver 4 years ago this month, and seeing his huge grin in this pic puts a lump in my throat. I miss him terribly.

Cannot begin to imagine what this image and, sadly, his loss, might mean to you, sir.

I, for one, appreciate you sharing this...through your still lingering grief.

Somewhere, a forever young race fan smiles down on you....
                            Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Afp_03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	229933

I actually named the company that I started after this very need! It's not just the races, it's truly aviation in general!

"the future of aviation lies in the heats of the kid at the airport fence"

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I read the post far too quickly and missed the part about your loss! I simply cannot imagine!!! Thank you for sharing!
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X