Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guys...Be Very Very Careful! See Below...

My knee surgeon's PA, "Mark" is an absolute artist at the steroid knee shots..

Today, when he tapped my newly critical right knee, the fluid that they drain before inserting the steroid based injection was about a quarter inch deep in those stainless steel kidney shaped trays that they use just from the new FU'd right knee..

He drained the puss....(ugh) and inserted whatever it is that they inject...

As of later in the evening, it's better but still very painful..

Left knee, the original bad one, is nearly hundred percent... Doc told me, we may need to go into the right knee in a different place to buy me the time I need to get to total dual knee replacement, this winter...

Wish me luck!!!!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      My knee surgeon's PA, "Mark" is an absolute artist at the steroid knee shots..

Today, when he tapped my newly critical right knee, the fluid that they drain before inserting the steroid based injection was about a quarter inch deep in those stainless steel kidney shaped trays that they use just from the new FU'd right knee..

He drained the puss....(ugh) and inserted whatever it is that they inject...

As of later in the evening, it's better but still very painful..

Left knee, the original bad one, is nearly hundred percent... Doc told me, we may need to go into the right knee in a different place to buy me the time I need to get to total dual knee replacement, this winter...

Wish me luck!!!!!!!
      It's an "intact female dog", my friend. If you've not tried Synvisc One I'd recommend it instead of steroids. It may be covered under your insurance/Medicare with minimal deductable. If not, you can have it shipped from the UK for under $500 per injection...it's well over $1000 here in US.

Get a perscription for your Dr., send it to the UK folks, they ship the injection directly to you, you make an apppointment with your Dr, he injects it. Done. Takes a couple weeks or so to really kick in but it lasts 12-18 months. I found it to be very helpful, moreso that a steroid. May work for you.

Last time I had my knees drained, doc pulls out the syringe and promptly says, "Damn dude! Check this out" and holds it up for me to see. WT***?! I don't need to see that, Doc!

Hang in there, Wayne. Getting old is not for the young!
      Owen Ashurst
      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Owen, I'm going to do some research! Both knees MUCH better late last night (I am a total knight owl) and this am!! I set up a LOUD music thing in the garage, violin music from Pandora streaming from my phone to a little Bose speaker, amazing the quality and volume that comes out of that sucker!!

Anyway, put it in last night while the bats w4re out doing their bat thing, checked surfaces where I was seeing pee and poop and no new as of now today..... I spoke with the original owner of the property (he built the place) and he never saw a bat, either in the garage or flying around, I see them every night at twilight... tons of them flying, and three times flying IN the garage!! And these are not little bitty bats! These are flying frickin squirrels!

Back to the injection, is that the stuff that actually forms a cushion in the joint, rather than just reducing inflammation like Steroids do??
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

We had issues with mice, bugs, squirrels and even a racoon in my RV, garage and shed. Dcon got some critters but with 3 dogs it was dicey to use it.
          My wife bought a bunch of those sonic pest thingies a couple of years ago and I thought "Oh geez, she fell for the hype". I put them in all the trouble spots and throughout the house and We now have nothing. No mice, no squirrels and no spiders in any of those areas now. Damn things work!
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            We had issues with mice, bugs, squirrels and even a racoon in my RV, garage and shed. Dcon got some critters but with 3 dogs it was dicey to use it.
            My wife bought a bunch of those sonic pest thingies a couple of years ago and I thought "Oh geez, she fell for the hype". I put them in all the trouble spots and throughout the house and We now have nothing. No mice, no squirrels and no spiders in any of those areas now. Damn things work!
            Leo, brand name and link if possible!

I daily watch a family of "grey digger squirrels" that inhabit my neighbor's shed.. I've been told that the house across the street had over 20k damage to the wiring from these little cuties!

Neighbor tells me only way to keep them out is traps and an ultimate demise via "lead poisoning" I'd much rather just direct them elsewhere than actually kill any animal that lives in the wilderness that I have invaded!! They were here first!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

They are called "Pest Reject" and she got them on Amazon. The other thing I do is place a couple broken bars of Irish Spring soap in my shed and RV. Smells good and seems to help, plus a light and timer in the RV to keep moisture down, that seems to be a deterrent also.
              I got rid of the squirrels with D-con, by accident. I had them all over the yard and they were undermining retaining walls and digging under pool equipment, etc. I store a few things in my shed that I really don't want damaged so I placed a block in there. Wife was on vacation for 3 weeks and had the dogs so I chanced it. Every day I put a new block in there and glued it to the floor. About a week later, no squirrels and they have not returned.
              All we have left is bunnies and lots of quail. And lately the occasional coyote coming to drink from the pool.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Owen, I'm going to do some research! Both knees MUCH better late last night (I am a total knight owl) and this am!! I set up a LOUD music thing in the garage, violin music from Pandora streaming from my phone to a little Bose speaker, amazing the quality and volume that comes out of that sucker!!

Anyway, put it in last night while the bats w4re out doing their bat thing, checked surfaces where I was seeing pee and poop and no new as of now today..... I spoke with the original owner of the property (he built the place) and he never saw a bat, either in the garage or flying around, I see them every night at twilight... tons of them flying, and three times flying IN the garage!! And these are not little bitty bats! These are flying frickin squirrels!

Back to the injection, is that the stuff that actually forms a cushion in the joint, rather than just reducing inflammation like Steroids do??
                Yes. Synvisc One supports the synovial fluid that has broken down as a result of osteoarthritis and injuries. Not sure what your underlying issue is but I can say it does offer relief for me.
                Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
                  Yes. Synvisc One supports the synovial fluid that has broken down as a result of osteoarthritis and injuries. Not sure what your underlying issue is but I can say it does offer relief for me.
                  Underlying condition is simply worn out knees. I had a VERY active career as a "warehouse manager" a glorified term for the guy at the end of the totem pole who is responsible for EVERYTHING that happens outside the office. Unfortunately, the job paid too well to gripe too much about being overworked, but I was, and I now suffer the results. I actually boogered the left knee at work trying to lift an impossibly heavy piece of machinery on a truck that I had to free and bring it into the warehouse... I was in a hurry, indestructible and positioned my knee at an odd angle to protect my back, pulled REALLY hard and if felt like a huge hot electric poker went into the inside of my left knee... I'd made a really big tear in my meniscus and it only got worse after the trimmed out the torn part.

Both knees now bone on bone....

Linda (BeerNazi) told me she has a friend who got this stuff, she got it out of Canada.. WTF? Why can't we get it here at a reasonable price??
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oh man, we had girls in mini skirts back in the late 60s in high school. But, golly miss Molly, what the girls wear today

Glad we have face coverings now, no one can see my smile

By-the-way Owen, this ad showed up when I opened this thread, good stuff.

Wayne may actually benefit with clicks from us old guys.

Comment

Underlying condition is simply worn out knees. I had a VERY active career as a "warehouse manager" a glorified term for the guy at the end of the totem pole who is responsible for EVERYTHING that happens outside the office. Unfortunately, the job paid too well to gripe too much about being overworked, but I was, and I now suffer the results. I actually boogered the left knee at work trying to lift an impossibly heavy piece of machinery on a truck that I had to free and bring it into the warehouse... I was in a hurry, indestructible and positioned my knee at an odd angle to protect my back, pulled REALLY hard and if felt like a huge hot electric poker went into the inside of my left knee... I'd made a really big tear in my meniscus and it only got worse after the trimmed out the torn part.

Both knees now bone on bone....

Linda (BeerNazi) told me she has a friend who got this stuff, she got it out of Canada.. WTF? Why can't we get it here at a reasonable price??
                      Yep...used to get it out of Canada but now from UK. Basically the same folks. You can shop around I'm sure. I'm bone on bone in both as well. If you go this route, I hope you get the relief I got or more!
                      Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                        Oh man, we had girls in mini skirts back in the late 60s in high school. But, golly miss Molly, what the girls wear today

Glad we have face coverings now, no one can see my smile

By-the-way Owen, this ad showed up when I opened this thread, good stuff.

Wayne may actually benefit with clicks from us old guys.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24945[/ATTACH]
                        Keep on Clickin'!!!!
                        Owen Ashurst

Comment

Try deleting all the cookies in your browser. That's where that stuff is stored. And delete your cache while you're at it. Poke around in the settings/options/tools area of your browser to find where to delete that stuff. Different browsers put those controls under different names.

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
                          So here's the thing...

The GF's birthday was a couple weeks ago. Among other things she has been shopping around for a certain woman's garment that lifts and separates. You catch my drift...

So, being the dutiful BF that I am, I shopped around on the internet for gift certificates to places like Soma, Nordstroms, Lively, etc. I mean...WT*** do I know about these kind of things?!

Anyway, I purchased a $200 gift certificate to Soma for her for her birthday. Smash hit...she's very happy (and...ok...so am I!)

BUT NOW...all the flippin' banner ads I see on AAFO (and almost every other site I log on to) show nothing but ad's for those "over the shoulder, boulder holders!"

Guys, be careful what you shop for on the net! It WILL come back to haunt you!

Comment

Originally posted by tedstriker View Post
                            Try deleting all the cookies in your browser. That's where that stuff is stored. And delete your cache while you're at it. Poke around in the settings/options/tools area of your browser to find where to delete that stuff. Different browsers put those controls under different names.
                            Thanks "Striker"...yeah I generally do that with regularity to keep the browser up to snuff. I was more pointing toward a little "internet/social media humor" as I have WAY too much time on my hands nowadays!

Good tips and good reminders as always welcome! Stay safe out there.
                            Owen Ashurst

Comment

Working...
                            X