Still Moving: Checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Moving: Checking in

Still living in the motorhome outside new place, waiting for furniture from condo sale.. going to be another few weeks

Just checking in to ensure everything's going OK with the hardware/software that makes this place work.. the other night, something kept me from being able to respond to posts...

Anyone else have access issues over the past week?
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Still Moving: Checking in

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Still living in the motorhome outside new place, waiting for furniture from condo sale.. going to be another few weeks

Just checking in to ensure everything's going OK with the hardware/software that makes this place work.. the other night, something kept me from being able to respond to posts...

Anyone else have access issues over the past week?
    All good here, Wayne. Damn brother...that's a long move! Hope it's going as planned for ya!

Hang in there...
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
      All good here, Wayne. Damn brother...that's a long move! Hope it's going as planned for ya!

Hang in there...
      "it's complicated" LOL..

Briefly, BeerNazi was an elementary school teacher, daughter of a real estate loan broker, wonderful man who found ways for underprivileged low income workers to buy homes in California back in the day... OK...

Long story short, being the amazing investor she is, she has an uncanny not to lose money wen a property is in limbo.. Apparently, there are people out there who need completely furnished rental property and who are willing to pay handsome rent for properties under sale...

So, our furniture is tied up till the now sold condo actually closes and is vacated by current temporary renters...

As someone who frequently passes the tin cup for help keeping this place going, I sincerely hope that my purchase of my dream home, actually half of it!! in any way means that your donations are funding this!!!!!!!!!

I worried about this the other day frankly..

I'm still upside down on the monthly for the server, not nearly as much and I have a reserve from ad income and donations that as soon as I have time, will pay for the server for a year in advance, thanks to you guys!!

Back on topic, what reaching out and getting help from you's guys (born in New York after all) it helped me make the decision that I could actually be a partner in a home if I could ditch some or all of the $220. monthly server bill! Fund drive put enough in the bin for one year.. We have to migrate from this server anyway due to EOL base server software, I need to combine the year in advance, with the migration.. anyway, drifting off topic. Bottom line, I looked at what you can buy with the "first time buyer" rates, since I've not owned for several years after leaving my ex.. I qualified for.

Interest rates are so low right now, my half of payment is hardly more than previous rent!

WOW!!

Time to buy

I should probably not publish a post with so much personal stuff in it.. I have a few really good friends who live close enough to touch them from time to time, I've met many more people via this website that I've either never met or only see once in a great while... guess it's OK to talk with my fingers to my friends from afar??

There's another part of this, I feared since I have one totally gone knee, that I might wind up "crippling" myself taking care of 1.1 acres... on two big waves of dunes, one much higher than the other.. I blew out the other knee doing a steep hill with my last resort of a weed whacker after trying with two different self propelled mowers, and the lawn tractor/mower that came with the property...

How do you rewire your brain to realize the body it controls is no longer 30 years old??
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Happy Friday Wayne,

You were asking if there are any issues.

This morning I checked my post and there was a new post from Air Boss, however it did not show in bold font.

This morning I replied to one, created a new post and still not indicating the thread has new responses?

Cheers

Hans

Comment

Working...
        X