No More Adsense Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Adsense Ads

I think I may have encouraged a bit too much helping the site by enjoying any interesting content served up by them...

Bottom line, I got kicked off the program for invalid traffic or any number of ten different reasons they give. They will not tell you specifically why in order to keep folks from using that information to defeat their security measures.

I do not believe we ever really did violate their terms of service, but apparently, we were just getting too many clicks and they figured it was bad juju...

Things like just clicking on links here and there and not following them or spending any time there is tracked and can trigger the fate of losing the program...

Sigh..

Anyway

I'll do what I can with them but have to go on record saying that *if* we ever get them back, DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU ARE TRULY INTERESTED...

I could be the heart of the problem because I'm specifically prohibited from clicking ads but... on occasion, I've goofed, forgotten the taboo and done it...

That could be what did it.. who knows

Anyway...

Bummer!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: No More Adsense Ads

We are still solid!

Website will be funded if it has to come out of my Social Security retirement funds!!!!!!!!

Your donations are going to fund a server move and a 24 month prepaid program!

In addition to aafo, we currently keep the http://heritagetrophy.org http://pylon1.org sites (and a few others) alive on this server, and frankly, when I went to the RARA site tonight, they need help! As long as you guys are significant funders of this server, NOT BY ADSENSE just by donations that you have provided.. If they have to hold off this year, they will probably need help..

If they pull it off, they're probably golden with their webhosting service.. But, we're always here... have not missed a beat in how many years? I registered this site in 1997... I don't think we've been down for more than a few hours over that time...

OK..

Sorry for whatever I did to rob you of your chance to venture into the wonderful world of AdSense as presented by their algorithm's reaction to our content.

It was interesting to see sometimes what they put up!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

Can you find another ad service that has a better algorithm?

For me I never really saw anything I was interested in.

Every once in a while I see some interesting hi tech ad that would make me click and read cause it is interesting.

I think some higher end products, or hand made unique stuff would have more value.

Show ads for things of interest like:

Flying, traveling, adventures, hunting, fishing, metal & wood working, RVs, Reno Air Racing, Warbirds, Pin-up art, Anything related to Alaska and STOL planes, Beer, etc.

Just some ideas.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 06-18-2020, 05:02 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Another thing, I am surprised we have never scene a VOS ad here. Heck, we are all here for Reno Air Racing and they sell Reno Air Racing Ts.

My last batch from VOS for xmas went over great, I plan on repeating this next xmas.

Comment

Working...
        X